SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    SitePoint Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    37
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Unhappy Problem with toglling a treemenu

    I've set up a treemenu. Everything works, but three problems arise:

    1. When i click on a container (branche) once or twice the image disappears (IE6.0, Mozilla is OK)

    2. IE loads every image seperatly, looks like it isn't caching any of the images.

    3. In Mozilla, when i click a container, it doesn't open up very well (very fuzzy, but take a look and you knwo what i mean.

    Hope anyone has some ideas about this..

    owwww yeah URL: http://www.dukafeeds.nl/admin/treemenu/

  2. #2
    SitePoint Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    37
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nobody any ideas on this????

  3. #3
    SitePoint Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Durham
    Posts
    34
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You get it to work in Moz? I can't. I think the reason it isn't working in moz might be the garbled bit at the top of the XML document data.php is printing, namely: 
    I think the Moz XML parser is more strict than the IE one and so may be falling over becuase of this.

    Actually - I just saved everything you've done and re-jiggered it to work locally and taking out that weird stuf at the beginning allows all the data from the XML file to load. So there's one problem. I should note that everything loads in it's shown state rather than how it does in IE...

    As for the images thing, just get a stock image pre-loader script from somewhere (or roll your own) and that should handle that, hopefully.

    Where did you get the script? Or did you do it yourself/ I'd suggest re-working it - it's a mess of tables and divs etc which appears to just be redundant markup for what you're trying to achieve...

  4. #4
    SitePoint Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    37
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oops, sorry, just tried some other options and accidently overwritten the data-source (data.php), will fix this. And yes, i set all the display tags at "block", just to see how Mozilla would render that.

    About the images, well i'm not sure it's a preload thing, as in the treemenu.js, the images are preloaded, but just don't show up.. :-(

    And yeah, written it myself, and yeah, should clean up the resulting HTML, but need the script working first, after that probably some css-magic.. :-)
    Little bit of this and a liitle bit of that should do the job

  5. #5
    SitePoint Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Durham
    Posts
    34
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, just noticed the preloading thing at the top, whoops


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •