User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

User login script - php/mysql

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=Sienna]

I have a site that resides on a linux server, php is available (if I knew how to use it) and mysql. I want to create a members only area of my site and have users register/create their own password for login. Because I use Frontpage as my web tool, I am at a loss how to create/make all these tools work together. Can anyone out there help me?

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you've never programmed in PHP before, or haven't ever used a database (other than Access), I would recommend picking up a book on beginner's MySQL and PHP (Kevin Yank from SitePoint has a beginner's one that's quite well recommended).

Otherwise, anything that anyone says here will be a little over your head. Don't take any offense, but moving from FrontPage to PHP/MySQL/Apache is a big leap. What you're essentially asking for is someone to write you a login and members area script.

If you want free stuff, go to HotScripts.com or something like that; be aware, however, that many free scripts have either no support or don't install easily or correctly...

My best advice is to pick up Kevin's book.

cheers,

jay