SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey all,

Most of you might know me and know that I run CashCommunity.com, Inc.

We are adding a search program for webmasters, they get paid based on a first click basis. Now, we all want to profit, so i'm asking you all.. which is the best CPC network right now, which we can use to place it on our search results page.

We are going to use CashCommunity.com Ad Network banners as well, but we'd like to make sure we'd make the most money outta this project and not go under, like many companies out there.

Take Care!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi

what will your program look like

searchtraffic pays to 2nd click

or like searchbucks

that pays per search

also how much are you planing to pay

4-5-6-7cent?
    thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kaumil, you should not limit yourself to one search engine, or you could get buried in the fashion that WayAds did.

Obviously, GoTo.com would be the ideal target, but they seem to be reducing the scope of their partner program (WayAds was dropped, SearchTraffic decided not to continue their contract, etc), so they probably won't accept any other resellers at this stage.

Your best bet is to combine results from Sprinks, GoClick, Ah-ha and FindWhat.

Good luck, and be sure to let us know when the program is active!
    Czar - Former SitePoint Alumni

Want to make more money from your website?
    Join Geek/Talk to find out how!

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sup all,

Well firstly, our program will start off with the 1st click basis, if we see that we aren't getting nothing than we have no choice other than move it to a 2nd click basis.

Now since we are new, we are going to start off with a $0.02 cent rate. We dont' want to start off high and then lower payments and get angry webmasters, we want to make you all happy when we RAISE rates.

Secondly, we will never limit our selves you'll never make money that way. We're working with 3 to 4 pay per click search engines at the moment, signing contracts and getting the whole system ready.

I've tried to contact Goto.com for over 2 months now, and decided to goto other engines. If however Goto.com does respond, we'll be sure to add them into our partner list.

We've also notified banner ad networks such as FastClick.com, Advertising.com, ValueClick, FocusIN and some others about our search results and of course we are going to show CashCommunity.com ads.

It should be a very good program, not a great payment rate, but what can you do? The better we perform, we'll raise the rates for sure!

I'll let you know when the program goes live! It should be around April 1, 2001. You can check it out then at the url: http://www.cashcommunity.com.

Take care all,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    pay atleast 3.5 cent

2 cent is too low

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    pay atleast 3.5 cent

2 cent is too low
    I totally agree, but I can't do that, because from every search we will most likely make 1 cent profit because we will be making $0.035 when almost every search result is clicked. We are taking a risk for providing a 1st click basis search engine. However, if we do perform well, we will raise rates. Sorry if this was a disappointment..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no body will take risk if you give 2 cent

7 search 3.5 is and goto giving 3-4 cent per search so nobody will take risk

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Onlyreal,

We have to start somewhere.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are a lot of search programs out there right now and if you expect to be competitive you are going to have to go higher than $0.02. If you do not feel that you can make a profit from anything higher than $0.02 than you might want to rethink your business plan.

In any event, I talked to GoTo about a month ago for a similar project one of mu clients wanted to develop. According to there VP of business development, they are no longer accepting these types of programs. I don't think it has worked out real well for them.
    Brian Welch
    Web Design, Web Hosting and Ecommerce
    http://www.perfectpresence.com
    http://www.leadcrunch.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kaumil

searchbucks giving 6 cent and you will probably use same programs like sprinks bay9 7search....

so i think you must increase the rate

also can i take your icq number (i am collecting advertisers icq

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People,

WE ARE GOING TO RAISE THE RATES BUT, we cannot because we haven't launched yet, the better we do.. we will raise it. We can't start out at .05 cents at the beginning because who knows how it'll turn out, maybe ending up going bankrupt, who knows.

We are taking each and every step with caution. So please be patient with me.

Thanks alot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok
    in my opinion people will join you when you raise the rates

and i must say this is my opinion maybe all webmasters will enter your program

also some other things i want from a search program
    pay systems:

1-)check
    2-)direct deposit for usa people
    3-)wire transfer for foreigns(this is really iimportant)
    4-)icq support like searchbucks and searchtraffic
    5-)paypal and propay
    6-)allowing special custumized(Allowed my admin) searchboxes
    7-)allowing banned countries webmasters (if you want you can review their site then allow)

thanks

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I normally don't like to give my icq number because icq is used more for personal uses. I respond to emails rather quickly, i'm home all day on weekends (heh, we do business on sat and sun).

You will receive cheques, we are a canadian corporation but payingin USD, but I don't know about the direct deposit. We will wire only if its a large amount. $5,000+. We'll see about paypal, as I hear people are hacking in and stealing money etc. The search box's are going to be 100% customizeable, and you do not need to contact us. We are stictly wanting Canada, USA, UK members, there are going to be some countries which aren't going to be allowed.

We hope to get upto the $0.06 cent mark in about 2 months. I'm an honest guy, and I dont' want to be ripping people off when we have to cut back the cents because we can't afford it, so the $0.02 payout is what stands right now, I will see in a month how things are and raise the pay rate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i want to talk about not allowed countries

i live in Turkey i use alotof programs

most of them donot allow Turkey
    i can understand that please give us a chance like searchbucks did

review our site sif you like it you will allow us to use
    unless donot allow

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have no problem at taking a look at your website. Email me at kpatel@cashcommunity.com, we'll talk there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kaumil, you could compete effectively with a 2 cent/click flat rate if you allow prefills and text links, and pay for traffic that is considered 'unproductive' by the existing leaders in this market. (ie clicks on unbidded terms or searches that don't generate any second-page clicks).

Of course, doing this will be as great a gamble as raising your rates. Still, I'd like to hear your thoughts on how you will be handling these issues...

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Czar,

Like I mentioned before, we are partnering with 3 to 4 companies.. each will show about 20 results each and then its going to be non bidded listings. So we should always be making money per search, but it is always a gamble.

We are going to allow prefills for sure, text links, maybe... maybe not because that raises more chances of cheating. Unless you can tell us how we can stop it, please tell me so I can allow text links! As for "unproductive" traffic, if the bigger guys dont' want it, then we dont' either. Simply because, if they are staying away from it and their doing good, then if we do then we'll do good too, but its all experimenting with new and innovative ideas. I am going to think of several idea's to make more profit out of this addition to CashCommunity.com so we can raise rates for our member sites.

In my eyes, I think this is a great opportunity for both members and us.

Take Care...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds great. I wish you the best of luck.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the luck

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i hope luck will be enough for you in this wild advertsing market

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Luck ain't gonna do it my friend. Its gonna take hard work and dedication to the search program to make it work.

We'll break through it. We only have 3 people on the staff, which means we dont' have to pay no one to work.. which means we wouldn't suffer like engage heh.. not as bad tho.

take care.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As many people have said, many pay-per-search programs pay much more than $0.02. However, IMO all of them have big weaknesses.

In search123, you can't customize the results page. If there is no bidded site for a search term, they use webcrawler to display some results, which is a definite plus. They pay 3 cents, or 50%, whichever is higher.

Searchfuel you can customize the results page, but you get horrible results sometimes. Pay 5 cents

Adsearches I heard you get good results, and is customizable. However, there are popups, tons of ads on the results page, and an exit console. You get anywhere from 3 cents to 12 cents, depending on how valuble adsearches finds the traffic from your site to be.

So IMO, Even though your program pays only 2 cents, it can compete if it has

* Customizable results page and search box(Co-brand)
    * Good results (Maybe put some webcrawler results below the bidded results)
    * No pop ups, tons of ads, exit consoles, ect...

Good luck!

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    InstantNoodles,

We are taking all of those into account. We aren't going to start off with allowing webmasters to customize results as of yet, but we are going to allow them to make the search box look how ever they want it to look.

We will eventually allow customizeable results, soon. Our results page isn't that much of a flasy page, so you can upload your own logo and chose your own colours for the headers. The rest is all search results.