SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a large recipe database on my site. I am looking for a search engine, which will only find results based on predefined keywords (the recipe ingredients) and will not search site wide.

I would prefer that it only search within a specified area (the ingredient list) and not throughout the rest of the document. In other words, if they search for 'apples' it will only pull the specific recipe one time for the mention of apples in the ingredient list, but will not pull it up multiple times for each instance of apples in the instructions.

Can anyone recommend a search script which will do this? Free or cheap is preferable, of course

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi

First a couple of Questions. What db are the recipes in? Does your site have access to php, perl?

Thanks

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for replying.

The recipes are all in plain html format. I have several hundred and add 5 more every week. I do have php, and run a dedicated server. But I had not planned to move my content to a database. The site is at www.3fatchicks.com (it's a weight loss support site)

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you may find some scripts at http://php.resourceindex.com or http://cgi.resourceindex.com

I have just download some of the search scripts and i find out that ilink is pretty cool and besides it is free.