SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking to improve my site's general accessibility

My portfolio website is http://www.DelvarWorld.com . I love her dearly, but this is the second website I have ever built, and in the design process I didn't realize what kind of accessibility problems people would have. I have identified the following problems with my current layout:

∙ It uses frames (but for my design, I couldn't think of any other way to pull it off)
    ∙ The Flash menu is 400 kb (but I do offer a 56k link option built into the menu)
    ∙ The design relies heavily on graphics
    ∙ 800x600 browsers have severe cutoff issues when viewing the site
    ∙ The site's full design is only visible in 1024x768, and given the nature of the design, if I shrink the middle frame more than it is, the Flash menu will become skewered and the site will appear small and unusual on higher resolutions.
    ∙ I code in notepad alone, so my methods might have some bad habits

The pipes are my pride and joy, I can't dream of losing them. They were the hardest and most entertaining project in creating the site, and they're the entire purpose of the design; the main site connected to some outside source by a piping system. I offer a great deal of content, and the forums are well populated, but I'm looking to improve my site as much as I can. I'm not really sure exactly what I need to do, so I'm making this semi-vague thread hoping for advice from other designers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually, darnit, this might belong in Site Critique, I didn't see that forum and found this one first.