SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am having trouble setting up css for some fonts and even links with Dreamweaver. Things work okay in IE5 but get nothing in NS4.7 (I am aware hover will not work in NS).

I placed my in progress work file at following if someone can take a peek.
    http://www.artbyjudy.com/ourartpage/test_6.html
    I placed colours for keeping the links at #FFCC00 in the body tag cause I find that simple and even taking these out to ensure no conflict it doesn't work.

A second problem is in NS the screen is filled completely but in IE5 I can't get rid of the margin. I thought placing this in body tag was supposed to correct <marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" marginleft="0" margintop="0">

A home in the hills where the grass grows green an
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    leftmargin="0" and topmargin="0" instead of margintop and marginleft will take care if IE margins. What exactly are you trying to do with the fonts?? I'm sure I can be of assistance.
    Think beyond what is common...
    www.jaggedknife.com
    www.fusion-in.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks don't know how I missed the backward "margin" words.

If you look at the page urled in NS the menu title Artist Galleries is black despite setting up CSS for it. In IE5 it shows up the correct size and colour same with the links they have the colour but only because I defined the links colours.

I know a way to make it work but I am trying to have it work using dreamweaver.

if in the source I redefine the .menu_links as a.menu_links and use a class="menu_links" instead of font class="menu_links" it works in NS and IE but this is a hack over what dreamweaver seems to produce and i was hoping to figure out how to accomplish it to work properly in both browsers using DW.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    gthroley...it's not a hack. Your text down the left are links. Therefore they fall under the A tag and not the FONT tag.

the correct way of styling your link text is to apply
    <a href="somepage.html" class="somestyle">some text</a>
    Adobe Certified Coldfusion MX 7 Developer
    Adobe Certified Advanced Coldfusion MX Developer
    My Blog (new) | My Family | My Freelance | My Recipes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I should have posted this earlier but the problem, I was told on the dreamweaver usenet message board, was underscores are not allowed in class and ID names in CSS. The actual message part of which I don't understand (unescaped) is as follows

From Eric A. Meyer
    "Underscores are not allowed in class and ID names in CSS. I
    can't explain why, because I don't really understand myself. That's Just How It Is. Actually, the exact truth is that unescaped underscores are not allowed, but most people don't want to bother with escaping. (If you do, let me know.)"

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Once Netscape displayed the content of the css fils without displaying the page !