SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile Help needed with creation of PHP database!

Greetings,

I have just joined this forum and I am very impressed with all the valuable information found in it.

I have been given the tast of finding a php script that will hold information in about 5 different fields. I have no idea on how to create such a script myself, so I am hoping that someone here will be able to help me.

Here is the scenario:

Friends and relatives will be making monthly contributions for a development project taking place on their hometown.

I would like to be able to enter their NAME, the PROJECT name, the DATE and the AMOUNT given.

I would like this input form to be password protected of course.

I would then like to be able to publish this information in a "table-like" format, and I would like the visitors to be able to "search" for their name so that they could verify that the amount(s) they have contributed, have been properly entered in the database.

It would be nice if the published form could also display the total amount collected.

I hope that the above stated makes some sense.

I thank you very much in advance for your help!

luke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just purchased "Build your own database driven website using PHP and MySQL" from Sitepoint. I bet that will do the trick for you. I am just at chapter 4 and I am stunned!
    Maarten

Certified Ethical Hacker silver trophybronze trophy dklynn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    msiruit is correct about Kevin Yank's book -- a GREAT place to start.

I agree -- I've learned a lot from Sitepoint's forums, too, and feel that I'm in a "payback" mode. Most people here are like that, too, so WELCOME!

Generally, it's not acceptable to ask for others to write scripts for you, only to help you in resolving your questions about scripts you're working on. As a newbie, it's best to get a good start then ask questions when you're having problems.

See you back later!

Regards,

DK
    David K. Lynn - Data Koncepts is a long-time WebHostingBuzz (US/UK)
    Client and (unpaid) WHB Ambassador
    mod_rewrite Tutorial Article (setup, config, test & write
    mod_rewrite regex w/sample code) and Code Generator