User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Your Lord and Master, Foamy gold trophy Hierophant's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Claiken
    i just thought i would add, i absolutely hate the new security center, its so annoying! lol
    What is annoying about it? I never see it.

Once in awhile I get a firewall popup asking if I want to give a new application access to the Internet but that is it. Nothing annoying there.
    Wayne Luke
    ------------

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    upgraded to service pack2 and everything went smooth .
    i love php

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have upgraded 4 pcs here and had no problems at all.

He's No Good To Me Dead silver trophybronze trophy stymiee's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Finally got around around to installing it on my wife's computer. So far it has been flawless. We'll see how it goes.

SitePoint Enthusiast minizcule1's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally installed sp2 on my HP Pavilion. So many different goodies. I like the firewall the best. I had to disable alot of the junk though cause it was slowing down my computer. Funny how they advertise now - Microsoft cares? Thats news to me? The update went very smoothly. I am not going to update my DELL as of yet.

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some problems - before upgrading to service pack 2 i always had an icon in my tray saying a network cable is unplugged - i always wondered what that icon was.

Since upgrading to service pack 2 i now have another icon with it saying "limited or no connectivity" there is an option to repair this and i tryed but it reported that it could not renew my ip address.

I use broadband with aol - my broadband seems to be working fine except that aol provides a broadband checkup tool. I used the tool to make sure my connection was ok after installing sp2 but the broadband checkup tool keeps crashing now.

Perhaps this error message i get in the icon is related somehow.

Anyone got any ideas?
    Add your web design / hosting companies to my directory - Web Hosting Directory
    Want to join our panel of experts? - Hosting Forums ( top right of forums -expert drop down box for more info ).

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Luke
    What is annoying about it? I never see it.

Once in awhile I get a firewall popup asking if I want to give a new application access to the Internet but that is it. Nothing annoying there.
    the most annoying part to me is that you download somehting off the internet... say you want to open it... then again say you want to open it to the windows security center (except they call it "run" now, for some reason)

Your Lord and Master, Foamy gold trophy Hierophant's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Claiken
    the most annoying part to me is that you download somehting off the internet... say you want to open it... then again say you want to open it to the windows security center (except they call it "run" now, for some reason)
    I don't see what the problem is. That still isn't annoying to me and I don't have a problem with it.
    Wayne Luke
    ------------

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have installed service pack 2 on about 8 or 9 computers and haven't had any problems. I did wait a couple of weeks before updating the first one just in case...

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a windows update on my laptop SP2 took ages to download on my dial up. Last nite I went to install it and I got a message saying it wouldn't install until I plugged in my mains adaptor. I did that then it failed and now it wants to download all over again!

Is there anywhere I can download it (from my mega fast connection here in work) as a seperate file?

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Considering SP2 Blocks things like JS DHTML menus what have you done for work arounds? I see the vbulletin menu on sitepoint works but several of the DHTML menus I've been looking into get blocked.

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It all depends on what your security settings are. I personally use Internet Explorer only for Windows and Office Update (Firefox is your friend! ) but haven't had any trouble with the default security settings in the past.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well for the most part firefox is the only browser i use but I work in a microsoft shop meaning all my bosses use IE so if I dont go out of my way to make the IE experience seamless I might as well quit. the first time a dialog pops up that says 'you cant run scripts on this site' I might as well throw the project out the window