SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Creating daily in/out inventory. headache

I am trying to set up the simple and small e store to keep the records of the equipment in the storeroom. Everyday people sign in to borrow the equipment and return back. Then i was thinking how to do with access2002 . Bascially i have 3 table , E-Store to store all the stocks of equipment, Staff for idenification purpose, Equipment for who take and plus how many available in e store.

so i have E-Store, Staff, Equipment in separate tables to link them up. but the problem is that , how to calculate the available stock for Equipment when ppl borrow and when they return and auto update the E-store. that tough.......

Let me give u rough ideas.
    EStore
    s/n | Description | Stock | Current available,

Staff
    Name | Age,

Equipment
    Staff | Description | how many (Auto update the current available) | Date | Return (Also autoupdate the current available at later date )

From wat i see now, Equipment table is most difficult task i ever do.
    "how many" and "Return" and how they auto update and how it calculate.

any solutions? is that possible in access2002?

help is greatly appreicated. thanks alot.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you need one more table called "Loaned" for equipment that is out on loan.

It will contain fields: staffID, equipmentID, returndate

When someone takes something out on loan, you subtract from the "how many available" field in your Equipment table, and then create a new record in the "Loaned" table for that person and that particular piece of equipment. If you want to see when the next available equipment is, you query the "Loaned" table for the earliest date.

I hope that answers your question... I'm not sure if I understood correctly.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ya, how u going to do the "subract" and "add" function, i am not sure how to figure it out in access2002

anyone can show me the sample or example of how it done.

any help is appreciated. thanks alot.