SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am looking for some affiliate programs. Right now I am using GoTo to put a search on my site, and PopUpSponsor for a pop up (not on the main pages, just on the deep pages so it won't kill traffic).

I would like to find a good banner program that pays for CPM not click through. Which is the best? http://www.bullex.com pays $1 CPM for banners which is good right now, but their page won't ever load.

Any suggestions on better programs or banner programs?

Bruno Delepierre
    SitePoint Community Guest
    Hey Silverado,

Do you realise you are asking a pretty complex question here... On the "good" affiliate program I can only tell you this. Think of a program that is related to your contents site ,in your case humor, and try to promote it as good as you can. In the humor category you will find without any doubt programs that are good for your public. I won't go into names here but take a look at a large affiliate directory like revenews.com and find some programs that you think may work for you. In my humble opinion however affiliate networks are much and much effective : You choose different affiliate programs and your commission is added on only one check. There are a lot of affiliate networks around there with cj as the markets leader. They run over 2000 affiliate programs on almost every possible subject. They have an affiliate programs search engine which we have implemented in our site and which you can use to find suiting affiliate programs. You can find this search engine on http://www.4allsites.com/affsearch.html
    Of course there are a lot of other networks available but they specify on a specific affiliate program : there are the pay per lead networks like directleads or cyberbounty and there are pay per clicknetworks with clickxchange as the largest network.

Now on your CPM question, concerning Bullex I have made a post to their reputation and other members seem to tell me only one thing : stay away from it ! Bullex runs alladvantage banners in its system and as you know alladvantage is dead since a while . If you are looking for good cpm advertising networks you will have to sho some traffic. If you don't run a lot of views you won't get into the good advertising networks like burst or advertising.com . Consider using a CPC network like fastclick or valueclick if your site doesn't have a lot of traffic.

Good luck with your earning strategies and don't hesitate to send me an e-mail if you should have any questions left.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CJ.com is the industry leader for affiliate programs and you should check out some of their merchants that closely match your site.

Meanwhile, here are some banner companies: BURST! Media, Engage, Fastclick, 24/7, ClearBlueMedia, etc. I recommend BURST! Media the most, and Fastclick is also very good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bruno-
    Thanks for the extensive information and the heads up on Bullex.

M. James-
    I will check out those programs and see which is the best.

I will probably end up with a CPC network instead of a CPM network since I have 100 unique hits a day, not enough for CPM networks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Silverado4x4

I will probably end up with a CPC network instead of a CPM network since I have 100 unique hits a day, not enough for CPM networks.
    Just because you have low traffic dont discount CPM advertising in favour of CPC. Essentially they are the same thing. All advertisers are looking for clicks, some want to establish a cost in advance of a campaign (CPC) others are willing to take a risk in the form of CPM.