SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello everyone,

I read through the article on SitePoint called Managing Uses with PHP Sessions and mySQL and it didn't hit the subject the way I wanted. What I would like to know is how could I use PHP sessions to allow members to browse my website and not have to fill in their username or password for message boards, etc., yet allow all non-members to surf as well and not force them to register? They would only have to register if they wanted to post in the message board or something, just to get a username. Ideas?

God bless!
    -Daniel

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so, if you want both registered and unregistered users to have access to your site, then why do you feel that you need to use sessions?

if all they are going to need a username and password for is the message boards then i would'nt worry about trying to implement a sitewide username/password system.
    . . . chris

imagine no limitations exbabylon's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you'd be better off with cookies... read about them at http://my-coding.com
    Blamestorming: Sitting around in a group discussing why a deadline was missed or a project failed and who was responsible.

Exbabylon- Professional Internet Services