SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Thread: absolutely lost

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

absolutely lost

one of my sites chefsuccess.com has PR6 with link texts of "pampered chef" and the site has alot of the keyword "pampered chef", it's been a few months and it still is not listed in google under "pampered chef", I've never had this happen before and I am dumbfounded on what I am doing to not even get ranked at all
    Free Science Homework Help
    http://www.physicsforums.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First time you can't get listed man you don't know how lucky you are there is a lot of competition these days and it is getting harder and harder to get your site listed with the words you desire.
    It is happening more and more to me too but I still get a lot visitors from SE with words I didn't think about.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    "Pampered chef" is a pretty big brand. I'd be surprised if you break into the SERPs. That would be like making a site devoted to Pepsi and wanting to place high for the term "Pepsi".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vgarcia
    "Pampered chef" is a pretty big brand. I'd be surprised if you break into the SERPs. That would be like making a site devoted to Pepsi and wanting to place high for the term "Pepsi".
    I'm not even in the first 6000

http://www.google.com/search?q=pampe...en-US:official

Doesn't look like quality competition to me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    pamperedchef.com seems to be the only domain name on the list, all the rest are just pages of other sites so it definatly doesn't look competitive. You have about 20000 links?!! Wow i'm jealous.
    I noticed you have a bunch of links on top of each page. Are the other sites that are linked next to chefsuccess doing poor as well? If not you can always email google a couple hundred times and hope for a response.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of Google's curiosities. Writing them is an interesting idea. Please share their reply if they ever send you one.
    My Web Publishing Blog: B6S.net - I dofollow but don't spam!
    Follow me on Twitter
    My favorite content writer:
    Steve Snedeker

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy someonewhois's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They won't respond. If they do, they'll lead to the Webmaster FAQ's or kindly tell you to screw off

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    how and the heck can http://www.cooks.com/rec/search/0,1-...d_chef,FF.html be in the top ten results and mine not in the top 6000

3MTA3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If all you backlinks contain the same anchor text then that could be your problem. Google is getting smarter and that could throw a flag as it would not be natural that everyone pointing links to your site would use the exact same phrase.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by devised
    If all you backlinks contain the same anchor text then that could be your problem. Google is getting smarter and that could throw a flag as it would not be natural that everyone pointing links to your site would use the exact same phrase.
    All due respect.. that makes no sense. If I'm going to link to Google, I'm going to use Google as the link text. Likewise with Yahoo!, Hotmail and any other name you can think of. Sites will be linking to my site as Canadian Content, and I highly doubt Google would penalise the url.

I believe it's way too confined to do something as drastic as flag sites which have tons of the same incoming text links.

If it's all from the same IP range, though, you're onto something!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Several might be on the same IP, so you guys think I should get seperate IPs for my sites? I was also thinking I might invest in a SEO company, can anyone recommend any?

3MTA3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris W
    All due respect.. that makes no sense. If I'm going to link to Google, I'm going to use Google as the link text. Likewise with Yahoo!, Hotmail and any other name you can think of. Sites will be linking to my site as Canadian Content, and I highly doubt Google would penalise the url.

I believe it's way too confined to do something as drastic as flag sites which have tons of the same incoming text links.
    I agree that people would use "Google" as anchor text if linking to Google, but I do not agree that it is natural that everyone giving links to chefsuccess.com would all happen to use "pampered chef" as the anchor text.

Google is pushing for the most relevant results that are NOT artificial and if every link had the exact same keywords as anchor text, then that could throw a flag for the backlinks being artifical. And I never mentioned anything about a penalty on the url. IMO it would be that the backlinks do not have as much weight as they did before since they did not fit the characteristic of a natural link.

3MTA3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dethfire
    Several might be on the same IP, so you guys think I should get seperate IPs for my sites? I was also thinking I might invest in a SEO company, can anyone recommend any?
    Getting seperate IPs for each site (especially if any of them are dirty) can never be a bad thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    okies, I got different IPs for several of my linking sites, I'll let you know if anything changes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Question: doesn't ranking have a lot to do with longevity? If you are the first on the web....no matter what your domain? doesn't it also have a lot to do with how many links to your site?

BTW-I have submitted eseveral domains of late to google and they do come up within weeks.

<<<<<how and the heck can http://www.cooks.com/rec/search/0,1...ed_chef,FF.html be in the top ten results and mine not in the top 6000>>>>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your sites dethfire

Are all these sites you listed yours? or sites you devloped for other people?

Quote Originally Posted by dethfire
    one of my sites chefsuccess.com has PR6 with link texts of "pampered chef" and the site has alot of the keyword "pampered chef", it's been a few months and it still is not listed in google under "pampered chef", I've never had this happen before and I am dumbfounded on what I am doing to not even get ranked at all