SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Firefox visited link issue

I don't know if this is the right place for this, but it didn't seem to fit anywhere else!

I have the folowing test page:

[index.html]
    HTML Code:
    <html>
    <body>
      <form id="go" method="post" action="page2.html">
        <a href="java script:;"* onclick="document.getElementById('go').submit();">Click here 1</a>
        <a href="java script:;"* onclick="document.getElementById('go').submit();">Click here 2</a>
      </form>
    </body>
    </html>
    *"java script:;" should not have the space, but for some reason if you don't use the space it comes out "javascript:;"

In IE if you click the link "Click here 1", and then return to this page it will mark the link that you clicked as visited (and leave the other unvisited even tho it goes to the same place, which is nice) but if you do the same in Firefox it will not mark the link as visited, which is rather frustrating.

Does any one know if it is possible to get the clicked link marked as visited in firefox?

Thanks,
    Ajc

Note:
    Just checked this in Netscape and it acts the same as Firefox, so is this just IE being too clever (for once)?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HTML Code:
    <a href="#" onclick="document.getElementById('go').submit();return false;">Click here 1</a>

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Valera Selev
    HTML Code:
    <a href="#" onclick="document.getElementById('go').submit();return false;">Click here 1</a>
    Thank for the reply, but this isn't really what im looking for.

Since you have set the href of the link to "#" the browser will automatically set any other similar links on the page to visited, i.e. any other links with a href of "#".

If you view my example in IE you may be able to see the effect im trying to re-create for Firefox.

Thanks,
    Ajc