SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I need a little program used to generate basic graphs (i dont want to use excel, something quick and easy). I need it because mt hardware site needs graphs for benchmarks. I was wondering what you use, if you do use a program like that?

Don't get too close, I bite! Nicky's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Powerpoint creates some simple, easy to read graphs, and so does Word! You could then save the image and insert it into your webpage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IanMFT brings up a good question. Does anyone know of another less popular program that makes graphs that look really good on webpages?

I don't want my visitors to go "haha, that was made in Excel, how lame". Let's face it, Excel graphs may look good on paper, but they look horrible on a web site. And they're too recognizable.

Nicky, I don't know about Powerpoint but the graphs in Word are just like in Excel, so it comes to the same thing... (At least as far as looks are concerned, I don't know about ease of use, you'd think it's harder though since Excel was made with graphs in mind.)

Don't get too close, I bite! Nicky's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess if you really wanted them to look a certain way you could always great them as an imag ein Photoshop, although this is not ideal!

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could always dynamically create your graphs on the fly,

using ASP or PHP etc.. - change the data to a suitable number then display an image with it's width set to that number. Do this with several images and with a bit of playing around you can come up with a graph. - like how polls are done