SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is my registration form clear?

I have launched a new site and one of the biggest selling points of the site will be fantasy basketball. I am going to push registrations from now until the end of October when the season begins. Could someone take a look at http://www.hoopsavenue.com and tell me if the registration form is clear and obvious what it is for? I am probably going to tweak it a bit because some people have told me the logo is difficult to read and some have said it looks like a log-in and not a registration, which scares people away. Page views: visitor are low too so I am worried I am scaring them off.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Make there be two boxes for password, for validation. Even if you don't do the validation, make two boxes anyway - users are more likely to realise it's a registration form instead of a login form.

I'd make the submit button titled Register, too (or Sign Up)... Create My Team is clear if people stop and read, but if they're scanning quickly, it might not jump out at them as much as Register would.

Amorya
    KickRSS - free web-based RSS aggregator.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks good to me, It did take me a while to find it though, but once I saw the 'Register' button, I quickly knew what it was for.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks overly busy. Leave some space for eyes to relax on. Initially seems like way too many ads for a page with very little of its own on it. The fact when I loaded it, I got two flashing, seizure inducing ones, didn't help.

Also take a look at <fieldset> and <legend> tags to make things a tad more clear.