SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

javascript browser inconsistency

I seem to have some javascript inconsistencies throughout this site
    http://www.paradiseonthebeach.com

On the index page the javascript doesn't open the new window for the Hot Deals graphic link.

On the Virtual Tours page the new window doesn't open for the Quicktime panoramas.

I would appreciate some feedback as to whether things are working OK for some terminals but not for others and if you can see an error in the coding any advice would be appreciated.

TIA,

John

I'll take mine raw silver trophy MikeFoster's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For me (using Opera 7.51 on Win2K) both new windows do open. The "deals.htm" page takes a long time to load.

What browser are you testing with? Perhaps it is configured to not allow popups?

Looks like an awesome vacation spot. I'd love to take my family there :-)

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've tested with the latest versions of IE6 and Mozilla Firefox and they do not work on my terminals using those browsers.

They work fine in the latest versions of Netscape and Opera for me.

The original website builder uses the same elements as examples of this work at his site at www.frogseye.com.au/virt.htm and they display with no problems for me on that site using any browser.

At one time some of his javascript in the head was moved out into a folder for SEO reasons - maybe that has something to do with it?

Yes, it's a pretty amazing part of the planet to live in. Drove up from Sydney with the wife and kids and a caravan 20 years to have a look around and we never made it back - reef, rainforest, wilderness and plenty of business as well.

If you're coming out this way let me know and I'll point you in the right direction.

Thanks for your help,

John

I'll take mine raw silver trophy MikeFoster's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It works for me with IE6. Maybe someone else here will try it and see if it works for them. Do you have some kind of popup blocker installed?

If you're coming out this way let me know and I'll point you in the right direction.
    Oh that would be fantastic! - but I doubt that I'll ever get to visit. But... I am going to Cape San Blas, Florida in less than 2 weeks - we're all very excited!