SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just curious..never thought about it before. What would an ASP Programmer who is a self-estimated master at design be worth? I have very good knowledge of ASP, and have mastered HTML for a few years now. Any thoughts? Any help would be appreciated.
    Sean Killeen [LinkedIn] [Twitter] [Web]

Warning: Reality.sys corrupted. Universe halted. Reboot? (Y/N)

Don't get too close, I bite! Nicky's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In terms of out there in industry I would need more information before I can give you an estimate:

* how old are you? (sorry but it is a BIG issue because is determines the next point)
    * experience
    * portfolio
    * references

I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaack! Fluffykins's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I could go out on a limb here and give you a rough estimate of what I'm worth, which might allow you to compare a bit. As Nicky said it is very dependant on experience and your portfolio, but bearing in mind you've got skills in ASP it could be a fair bit more than mine - ASP is a very sought after skill I've found.

Here's a very, very loose generalisation of what I get paid, bearing in mind i'm 20, have basic skills in just about everything, know Dreamweaver, Fireworks and HTML like the back of my foot (that's not right is it, ah well...) and have over 3 years experience in commercial design and training.

For design work I tend to charge by the project instead of by the hour. That's mainly because out of any one hour sat designing I'll spend at least half of it watching TV or browsing the internet. I work it out at about 15 an hour though, but that'll increase as my portfolio increases in size.

For training work I get paid about 30 an hour plus expenses. Yep, that's a lot but Staff Training is where the money is!

For other I.T. Consultancy type stuff, marketing consultancy work etc I work at at about 10-12 an hour, mainly because I'm still building up my skills in these areas.

A friend of mine who is a top-notch ASP Programmer gets paid about 35 an hour for his work on various bits and pieces, he's about 25 (I think) with about 3 years programming experience.

Hope that helps a little bit!

Ady
    v-technologies - Freelance Goodness.