Hybrid View

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool Advice Request: Reliable PPC script with good features

Question from a "newbie" here:

We're looking for a good quality, reliable and robust PPC script. The project we have in mind is focused on a specific market niche but in order to succeed our PPC site will need some features I simply cant find in the PPC scripts reviewe so far. For instance, we need:

1 - The ability for paid advertisers to upload or reference a thumbnail sized image for their business/listing

2- The ability for users to select a geo-target when they run their searches - eg. US, UK, etc ... preferably right down to state level if need be. (They would select their preferred geo-target from the Home Page)

The scripts we have looked at so far are:

BidSearch - from DoneRightScripts.com
    JomoPPC - from JomoMedia.com
    ExtremeCorporate - from totheExtreme.com
    SmartPPC - from OrbitScripts.com

.. and perhaps a few others.

We've also looked at JackHammer/HyperSeek - but that is way outside our budget at the moment. I guess we're prepared to pay around $500 or so.

So - my questions are:

1 - Any real experience out there regards the above?
    2 - Any other products/scripts we should be looking at?
    3 - If I cant get the features I want, which PPC is best for customisation?

Any thoughts/experience/feedback on this would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.
    Last edited by IndexBiz; Jul 23, 2004 at 05:26.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IndexBiz
    Question from a "newbie" here:

We're looking for a good quality, reliable and robust PPC script. The project we have in mind is focused on a specific market niche but in order to succeed our PPC site will need some features I simply cant find in the PPC scripts reviewe so far. For instance, we need:

1 - The ability for paid advertisers to upload or reference a thumbnail sized image for their business/listing

2- The ability for users to select a geo-target when they run their searches - eg. US, UK, etc ... preferably right down to state level if need be. (They would select their preferred geo-target from the Home Page)

The scripts we have looked at so far are:

BidSearch - from DoneRightScripts.com
    JomoPPC - from JomoMedia.com
    ExtremeCorporate - from totheExtreme.com
    SmartPPC - from OrbitScripts.com

.. and perhaps a few others.

We've also looked at JackHammer/HyperSeek - but that is way outside our budget at the moment. I guess we're prepared to pay around $500 or so.

So - my questions are:

1 - Any real experience out there regards the above?
    2 - Any other products/scripts we should be looking at?
    3 - If I cant get the features I want, which PPC is best for customisation?

Any thoughts/experience/feedback on this would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

Sorry to see that you didn't get a reply. I can't offer my expertise but I'm hoping you have chosen one and have some advise to offer? Thanks in advance.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post No feedback?

Quote Originally Posted by eBizBuzz
    Sorry to see that you didn't get a reply. I can't offer my expertise but I'm hoping you have chosen one and have some advise to offer? Thanks in advance.
    Yes - it is regretable that I have not had any replies or feedback to the question I raised on this forum. However, since writing, we have again reviewed in detail our requirements, done a lot more internet based research through various forums, and thus far come to the following conclusions:

1 - We were a little surpised that there were not actually that many scripts dedicated to providing PPC on the market. In general, for many they were "much of a muchness" - i.e generally purporting to provide the same sort of functionality and therefore difficult to distinguish specifically what their "USP" was.

However ...

2 - We looked at a product called SmartSearch from SmartScripts.com. Its very cheap, highly recommended for all newbies to the PPC world, and, from what I can gather, is very well written. It is also considered to be the most popular PPC script around (not surprising as you get a lot of functions for a very small price). However, by comparison to others (mentioned below) it is considered limited in an number of areas and deemed to be only for very small sites. In order to achieve our particular requirements, we know we would need to customise it significantly to meet our needs.

3 - We were very impressed with the features and functions of SmartPPC from orbitscripts.com. It is very competitively priced i.e. you get a LOT for your money. However, as they dont seem to provide source code, it would be nigh on impossible for us to customise to our needs - ie. as they provide the script in encrypted form, they basically "force" us into using their customisation services - and thereby we would be "dependent" on them. Furthermore, whilst their product appears impressive, I have NOT been likewise impressed by the quality of their so-called "customer service".

4 - We also re-visited JackHammer and based on everything we have read, this is generally reputed as the "king of PPC engines". Based on my understanding of its features, I suspect it provides everything we need for our project. All we will have to do is develop an attractive front-end web template to it - and call the functions of their scripts from it. However, it is also by far the most expensive script on the market.

The basic conclusion we have drawn is you get what you pay for in the PPC scripts market i.e. like any other. At this stage we are grappling with whether to buy a cheap (albeit well regarded script) such as SmartSearch - and spend $x on customising it. Alternatively, do we hold our breath and go out and get JackHammer - which provides everything we need 'out of the box'. At this specific point in time, we are still doing the maths on these two scenarios but Jackhammer appears to be winning the race - as the better solution (for us) in the "long run".

However, we are still researching ... and have not committed to anything yet! So - if anyone out there has anything that would help us with our deliberations .. i would be very, very grateful!

Regards

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you been able to find anything on this? I know this post was some time ago but I am looking for something more like a PPC/organic spider hybrid .... would love to find a good robust one

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile Hey!

Are you still looking for one?

fad (n): a craze; interest... Fahd's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another solution to consider is www.inclick.net

I'll let you get all the info from the site!