User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Global Registration

Howdy all,

My first post, and I want to say I think this place is great!

Anyways, I have had this website for 5 years. http://www.gocasey.com

What I would like to do, is now make it a registration type issue, where a visitor registers for the forum, they are also registered for the photo gallery, chat room, etc. But since I use different programs for all, they all use different databases.

How would I create this, and yes, I do use html to build most of my page. In order to do this, do I have to convert everything to php? I would like it so a member can come to the page and see "Welcome NAME" in a section of the page. In otherwords, I want to make it more of a community type page...bringing more participation, more options, and more fun for the visitor.

How can I bring all these programs together to read from the same database?

<? james('rules'); ?>
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Regarding them being able to view any page after only logging in once,you would have to consider PHP Sessions. Your site would have to become fully PHP, and you would have to understand how to implement sessions.
    PHP Code:
    session_start(); 
    Read up on these because they really arent that scary or hard.

However,
    How can I bring all these programs together to read from the same database?
    Programs? Its easy to make PHP documents read from a single database, but i dont know what you mean by programs?
    If knowledge is power - Why isn't our army librarians?!
    Statistics show that 63% of all statistics are fake.
    When i was little i broke my neck, and i havent looked back since .
    I completed the internet in 1 week. The end boss was pretty easy though .

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I say programs...

I mean like Invision Board...I would like to have the Invision Board register script--be like the membership database, so though they may register for the board, they are also members of the Coppermine Photo Gallery, so they are also members of a PHP Chat Room.

I can deal with having to rewrite my website. I really need to learn php...and though what I have read so far, it looks like it may be pretty easy, but I haven't tried yet not sure...

But my main thing is getting all these "programs" to work from one database.