SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Hybrid View

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i'm hoping someone can point me in the direction of a script that will create kind of a slide show effect. basically, i have a bunch of images. i'd like for a script to be able to go through and display the images. i.e. you come to the page, the first image is shown. you click on a link, or even the image itself, and the next image is shown.

im guessing something like this will work if i have all of my images in a directory and they're named incrementally, such as image1.jpg, image2.jpg, so that the script can then go through and increment the right number in between image and .jpg.

i know i've seen something like this before, though i'm not sure it was done in javascript or not. and my skills aren't quite up to snuff to be able to write it out myself.

i could make something like this using asp or php, but i think the best solution here would be clientside. perhaps i'm wrong.

any help or resources you can point me to would be appreciated.

thanks.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.chalcedony.com/javascript/ click on Scripts (the site is in frames). Chapter 3 is "Fun with images". Almost at the end of it there's a slide show and a wraparound slide show scripts.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks! those are very close to what i'm looking for. the only difference is i don't want to have to hardcode in all the image names into the script, as there will probably be a few hundred at least.

if i can't figure anything else out though, i'll probably use one of those.

thanks again.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are six (6) different Image Slide Show Scripts at this site. Maybe one of these will meet
    your needs: http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex14/