Hi Guru,

I have remote Cobalt raq4-128 server which runs DB driven web sites with PHP and it was established by previous employee who has left.

Recently the server has failed due to hard-drive faulty and got back-up into new drive with all data including database files and web pages etc - need to reinstall and re-set couple of things. Crikey.

As the web pages is in place and of course it needs DB system to make it work well, currently it is showing on web page like this:

--------------------------------------------------
"Warning: Access denied for user: 'webmaster@localhost' (Using password: YES) in /home/sites/site1/web/bdn/index.php on line 204
Can't connect to the SQL-server"

For MySQL database system, I have installed (MySQL 3.23.54) from http://pkgmaster.com/packages/raq/4/#mysql on server and followed the SitePoint book "Build Your Own Databast Driven Website - PHP-MySQL" for set-up guide.

Up to this point, I have created special MySQL user following the commands from the book page 15 under 'Installing MySQL' (under Linux):

[root /root]# /usr/sbin/groupadd mysqlgrp
[root /root]# /usr/sbin/useradd -g mysqlgrp mysqlusr

then did this...

[root /root]# cd /home/mysql
[root mysql]# chown -R mysqlusr.mysqlgrp var
[root mysql]# chmod -R go-rwx var

No problems.
Now I am trying to launch it for first time and did this...came with error notice:

[root mysql]# usr/bin/safe_mysql --user=mysqlusr &

[1] 22580
[root mysql]# sh: usr/bin/safe_mysql: No such file or directory

I can't figure out as I can see there is file and directory in correct place.

Have I missed something? I really need to get the site done by this Friday!! Arrggh!

Mate, look forward to your helpful reply with step by steps?....

Ciao,

LYNDON J. BORROW
Australian based in London