SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what's the best graphic compressor, which can still handle a fading, blur image ???
    jpeg ??,
    or
    what's the easier way to compress my site, there's too much graphic, i think it's 180 k , it takes quite a long time to load, what must i do ?

Brian
    i can't give u the url, it's not published yet!

Misfit
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Save the images in JPEG format, then import them into a GIF compression program, and save them again in GIF format. That'll compress each image at least 50%, while not losing much quality at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by koolbrian
    what's the best graphic compressor, which can still handle a fading, blur image ???
    jpeg ??,
    or
    what's the easier way to compress my site, there's too much graphic, i think it's 180 k , it takes quite a long time to load, what must i do ?

Brian
    i can't give u the url, it's not published yet!
    I personally like GIF Optimizer. You can download it from Webattack.com. By the way its ranked the top by Webattack.com, 5-stars!

http://www.webattack.com/perl/countd...ptimizer.shtml

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BMP (Bitmaps) should not be used for web applications. They have bad compression (none?).

The only 3 to consider are JPEG, GIF and PNG. Although the last one is not really interesting as not all browsers support it.

Now over to GIF and JPG. You can read a tutorial here.

GIF should be used for images with a small amount of colours. JPG should be used for photographs.

junkyrddog's Other Half emmester's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't even think about implement .bmp images on your site. Your visitor will immediately turn away, 'cause in my experience the loading time and size with that format has been horrible. The suggestions of the others are good, but I just came here to tell you I would suggest using .bmp.