SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Onclick Multiple Image Swap

I'm looking for a way to make multiple (in my particular case, two) images to change when the user clicks on a third button. What I have is a tabbed interface where I have three tabs that change color when each one is clicked on. That's no problem. What IS the problem is that the tabs are differently-colored and cut diagonally (that's what the client wanted...) forcing me to create two images in-between the tabs.

See the image below (also attached) to see what I'm talking about:

http://www.vhtrading.com/tabs.gif

So what I'm needing to do is when the user clicks on the first tab, both the "in-betweens" have to change, clicks on the second tabs, the "in-betweens" change yet agin, etc...

I'd really appreciate if anyone could give me help on this. A big thanks in advance.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It can be done without any javascript, but you will have to rethink your implementation dramatically. One image is all that's needed ... here's a page that shows how to do it with CSS:
    http://superfluousbanter.org/archives/000186.php

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reply, xDev. It's on the right track of what I am looking for, but a couple of problems come up:

1. I need the tabs to be "activated" by an onclick, not a mouseover.
    2. I need something that will allow for a fluid design, such as table cells containing the tab buttons expanding as the browser window expands.

Any other ideas?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Go ahead and contruct the raw html in the manner that you wish. I can give a javascript solution if you show me the example code and/or an example page to work with.