User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dead Raq

Hey Guys,

This morning I tried to install PHP 4 on my Raq3. I already had PHP 3 installed and also MySQL but because I want to offer my clients PHP 4, I tried installing it.

I followed the commands exactly from this page:

http://www.carriebartkowiak.com/arti...55622#comments

I rebooted the server from the Telnet prompt like the tutorial told me too and then I couldnt access my site from the browser.

I then tried going to my server control panel and clicked reboot there. Now nothing works at all! I cannot access the site, I cannot access via Telnet, I cannot access by the control panel. I can only ping the site (www.chilliseeds.com) and I do get a response so that means my raq is messed up big time.

Also, when I try and use Telnet by connecting to www.chilliseeds.com, I get a weird message which is:

telnetd: All network ports in use.

Then if I connect two seconds later, it says this:

in.telnetd: error in loading shared libraries: /lib/libc.so.6: symbol _dl_ppofile_output, version GLIBC_2.1 not defined in file ld-linux.so.2 with link time reference

I have a feeling that my Raq is basically messed up. I have 30 sites (fansites) hosted and they wont be happy. I am only 18 and I cant afford to get it fixed as I'm already paying $599/month as it is!

So I would really appreciate any ideas on how I can fix this and what I can do. If it comes to the worst, can I at least get the Raq back to its default config? Ie. Format everything? Of course I dont want to do that because I have a huge forum and 30 sites that would be lost

If it helps, I am hosted at Interland.com - I have emailed their support this morning and havent had a reply yet.

Thank you SO much for your help on this.

Sincerely,

Anthony - www.chilliseeds.com
    It's what you do that counts!

exit();
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, it looks like something got messed up while installing PHP.

I'm really not sure how I can help you, you'll have to contact Interland (but I wouldn't count on much help there.. Maybe a reformat, but surely not a recovery of the data if you have to reformat.)

exit();
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, I just checked your site...http://www.chilliseeds.com/

It looks like it's UP!!!