Thread: Slow few weeks?

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face Slow few weeks?

Hey guys,

Im running a verry small osCommerce site selling LED Flashlights, www.get-led-flashlights.com and its been up for maybe 6 months. Looking in my stats, I started with about 4-6 visitors a day for the first 3 months and now Im averaging 17+ in this month per day. Last month, maybe 6 weeks ago, I would average a sale a week, maybe more, maybe less and then summer came and it droped. Infact, its stoped. I havnt dont anything diffrent, I had google Adwords running, (I belive that got me the majority of my sales) and now Im getting alot of visits from search engines. The problem is I have no sales?

Any sugestions? I cant seem to solve why people just sudenly stoped ordering.

Thank you ,

He's No Good To Me Dead silver trophybronze trophy stymiee's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Seems to be a common theme around here. Several people have said the same thing. It just might be a seasonal thing as it is summer in the US and many people are taking advantage of the weather. Right now is prime vacation season and college is out so all of them are out partying. Hopefully it is just tempoary and things will pick up for you and everyone else.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright, I wasnt sure if It was seasonal or not. I figured at the rate of growth I could atleast cover the gas in my truck on what I was making, then it droped.. to nothing. Just woried me I guess.

Is anyone else noticing a drop to?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I find it interesting how in the summer all the visitors go outside more often, and all of the webmasters and stuff will be inside more often, many of the teenage ones not having to walk to school or anything of the sort.

does not play well with others frezno's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoltrix
    I could atleast cover the gas in my truck on what I was making, then it droped.. to nothing.
    Well, as Nancy Sinatra already said (sung): These Boots Are Made For Walking, lalalala
    We are the Borg. Resistance is futile. Prepare to be assimilated.
    I'm Pentium of Borg.Division is futile.Prepare to be approximated.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Definately slowed down...Summer is our busy time....not so this year....

SitePoint Enthusiast xredvette6's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zoltrix,

As has been mentioned, summer seems to be a slow down time especially if you are comparing against the busy holiday buying season.

I know this isn't the forum for it but I thought I might add my 2 cents on your site... As a potential customer, I would be more apt to purchase if I could see some sort of picture/image of what type of beam your product produces. How much light can I expect to have and how does it compare to a traditional flashlight.

I have an extensive electronic background so I know what an LED is but I would assume most would not really understand the potential light from a small unit.

Just a thought.... add some graphics of light beam and coverage area. Best of luck in your venture!
    James Morrow
    Vision Payment Solutions, Inc.
    Merchant Account Solutions for Retail, Mail Order, E-Commerce
    jmorrow@visionpayments.com

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats a great idea!!!

Im going to do some reading up on how to measure these and hope to have the results on the site by the end of the week. I think that would be great, everyone loves satistics, and when they favor your product, you really cant complain.

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have run an e-commerce business for 4 years now and this time of year is always the slowest. It's also harder to track trends when you're so new... with only 20 visitors/day you can have much larger surges and slow times. It can vary by 50-100% easily.

Once you're getting 100-1000 visitors a day you'll be able to track some solid stats (and you'll have more sales to track stats on too).

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the tip, Im hoping to grow, but as always, you need to start somewere..