User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Flowers:
    Does she have a favorite flower? Roses are really overused. If she isn't particular on the kind of flower, buy exotics or something like calla lilies. Or, how about a gourmet basket with wine or chocolate?

Perfume:
    If she has a favorite perfume, you can buy the accessories that accompany it (i.e., lotion, powder, etc.).

Hobby:
    Does she collect anything? Pay attention to what she likes (i.e., if you are shopping and she says, "Oh, I love that pair of earrings/purse," then make a mental note).

Cooking:
    Cook a nice dinner for her, or take her out to a new restaurant. Or, take her to the first restaurant you ever went to (if available).

Cards:
    Cards (you have to write more than three words, guys) are always very nice, esp. when unexpected. When my husband went out of town last year for about four days, he hid cards in odd places (one for each day) and called me to tell me where to look. It was very nice; of course, he had sweet words in all of them.

Personalization:
    Women love personalized items! See below (stuff like that).
    http://www.personalcreations.com/sho...pe=subcategory

Other:
    Candles, body lotion, etc.

Note: Itís really doing small things consistently.
    Amy O'Brien
    O'Brien Software Services, Inc.
    www.obriensoftware.com
    If you can visualize it, we can develop it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I could use a few tips from you guys

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's good that people are acknowledging that roses and teddy bears aren't always the magic bullet. They still work on some women, of course, but to me they're just the obvious choice and prove that the guy doesn't know enough about me to buy something or do something specific to me.

I'm usually won over by the homemade dinner (good thing I married a man who can cook!) or the well-planned evening/event. However, the longer I'm married, the more I realize how it's the small daily gestures, not the grand romantic ones, that make me still feel in love.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just do normal things... i dunno.. lol

I was out of town for a few days, and when I came home to her I had a dozen roses in my hand....

Other than that, I try to compliment her every day, and let her know how much she really means to me.

-E ric
    Eric Coleman
    We're consentratin' on fallin' apart
    We were contenders, now throwin' the fight
    I just wanna believe, I just wanna believe in us

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh I think I'm going to be sick. Ok that's bitterness coming out instead. For all you die-heart romantics whenever I'm in a jam or am thinking about being a complete sweetheart I go to www.Lovingyou.com
    Gunwallet.com- Digitally backup vital gun information.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Troy1960For all you die-heart romantics whenever I'm in a jam or am thinking about being a complete sweetheart I go to [url
    www.Lovingyou.com[/url]
    hm, thanks!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mav
    Give her an 1 carat + Tiffany engagement ring during a night that she will never forget and she will love you forever. Trust me.
    It's ridiculously expensive, but it works. Just make sure you're not only 2 months into the relationship or you may seem a little forward . (no this is not from personal experience)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mav
    Give her an 1 carat + Tiffany engagement ring during a night that she will never forget and she will love you forever. Trust me.
    i read some where that there is some sorta 'standard' amount that a man must spend on his engagement ring.

something like TWO MONTHS pay?

anyone confirm this?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jammo
    i read some where that there is some sorta 'standard' amount that a man must spend on his engagement ring.

something like TWO MONTHS pay?

anyone confirm this?
    Depends on the salary, what kind of deal you can get, and how materialistic or not your girl is. It's a generalization, and like all generalizations there are cases where it's not true.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I spent what I could afford. I have never heard that you must spend 2 months pay...

****, if the girl loves you, chances are she will say yes, no matter how much you spend.

- Eric
    Eric Coleman

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric.Coleman
    ****, if the girl loves you, chances are she will say yes, no matter how much you spend.
    And if she says no because you didn't spend enough on the ring, then do you really want to be with her?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amen!

Off Topic:

what did I say above to get stars....... I guess my language is starting to get to me on the inernet as well... been a rough few days :P
    Eric Coleman

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vgarcia
    Depends on the salary, what kind of deal you can get, and how materialistic or not your girl is. It's a generalization, and like all generalizations there are cases where it's not true.
    hm. salary => $$$
    but the savings are $

she never has been a materialistic kind of woman.
    neither of us beleive in divorce. we've already talk about THAT far in our future. we have always been 200% agreeable to OPEN COMMUNICATION. no matter how silly, serious, dangerous, painful, etc.
    and i know wholeheartedly that she wont become a materialistic kind of woman. its more for the BLING actor i suppose.

haha, now that i realized how much 2 months worth is, her ring will cost more than my car.
    LMAO

I spent what I could afford. I have never heard that you must spend 2 months pay...

- Eric
    i could also spend what i could afford, but, this being the woman im gona spend the rest of my life with. i dont mind investing several Geez on a nice ring for her.

and TRUE, if she girl loves you, she will always say yes, no matter how small it is. how much you spend. how pretty it is.

again, id do it for the bling-bling rating.
    i make more now that i have ever made in the past.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vgarcia
    And if she says no because you didn't spend enough on the ring, then do you really want to be with her?
    by the time a man marries a woman, he should already know HOW she will react.

if she is always about the nice car(s), how she looks in her hew outfit, over-spending on a new wardrove everytime the weather changes, etc etc

that alone should give a dood some insight to what the future holds for him.
    but then again, if a man can afford to polish his trophy wife, then why not?

i know a few guys like that. women too.
    it's not a lifestyle i would want to lead. but to each their own.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alot of people will get engaged with a smaller stone, and then after they have been married for some many years, get a beter, nice engagement ring.. just how things work.

I wanted to marry steph, and all I could afford was a 1/2 caret total... so that's what I bought.

- Eric
    Eric Coleman

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alot of people will get engaged with a smaller stone, and then after they have been married for some many years, get a beter, nice engagement ring.
    dah man wit tha plan

good idea Eric.
    i think i'll follow that plan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm...

Well, a lot of what I do for a special lady depends on the lady. My crazy-ex was constantly demanding me to do sweet things for her, so I opted not to because I'd rather not do nice things for her out of guilt. Needless to say, that "relationship" didn't last long.

Anyway, up until recently I had me a honey that was awesome and stuff. She didn't demand anything out of me and went out of her way for me, so naturally I wanted to be all sweet-guy-like and stuff. On one occasion she had her wisdom teeth pulled, so the next day I showed up at her doorstep with some chocolate pudding and a couple movies. That went over very well.

Every so often I'd leave a card/flower combo on her vehicle when she was at work, then I'd get a phone call later at night, and she'd have that "tears of joy" stuff. When she moved to another state, I'd randomly send her chocolate/flowers for no reason.

One thing I've learned is that it's all the "little things" like that the ladies really appreciate. Especially if you pay attention to what she says. One time I remember her mentioning her favorite food from a specific restaurant. So one night I told her I'd meet up with her on her break so she could eat, and then I brought her that dish she loved so much.

It's all about the little details, yo.
    Sing in a band called Psychostick, Alfredo Afro.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayn
    One thing I've learned is that it's all the "little things" like that the ladies really appreciate.
    very true amigo.

oh, so true.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile Advice from a girl

Well, being a girl, hope this advice helps you cause i should know! hehe!

ide deffinately say every once and a while a small gift like flowers or even just pay for a movie date, or something cute like that would make her smile. and the back massage, DEFFINATELY a good idea. be sure its a long lasting one though, not a 5 seconder... haha! also, cook her dinner some day. ide bet shed enjoy a meal made with love by her lover!! well there are a few tips. hope that helped!!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dunno if this is still goin' on, but this is a big fricken mayday

*fingers crossed* Let's hope you guys are still out there.
    So we are all artists and what not, so ladies, if your dude is also an artist, when he draws or makes you something, does it mean less or more?

Galactic Overlord gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    956 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    More.
    Why?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    what the

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question

...More,

because it shows he took the time, energy, and effort to do something personal for you...

...that means more to women than just spending $$$$$ on an over-the-counter gift!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eh, it's a long drawn out story that probably makes me look like a jerk and a half. But It seems like there is this curse about me, that if I draw a picture for a girl I like, she'll hate me forever. But that's only if I do it BEFORE a relationship starts. If I do it in the middle of one I get the condesending "oh...wow...this is special..." kind of blah. I think either I'm pickin the wrong girls or I'm just a big ******* and don't even know it.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbster
    Jammo, you are a master.
    I'LL SAY