SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Article Discussion

This is an article discussion thread for discussing the SitePoint article, "10 Deadly Web Site Sins"

Anonymous
    SitePoint Community Guest
    Simple and Concise...very effective one...an eye opener for novices in web designing

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, everything in the article is true but it should all be common knowledge by now!

Jacob Neilsen's site annually presents a "top ten web design mistakes" list. A list of all his online articles can be found at http://www.useit.com/alertbox/

Matt
    All valid points.....

EXCEPT, the point about splitting content up and not having a large amount of info on a single page.

Most search engines prefer more text to a page and these pages therefore gain a higher ranking in results.

This is really a design point based on the objective of the site.

Brandon Goins
    I think this is all out of date now. I design for 1024x768 ... though I make sure that the 800x600 people won't have to deal with a scrollbar.

And I would never ever ever bother to make sure the graphics look good at 256 colors.... who still uses that??? I couldn't believe you said that!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These are very good tips. Thank you for sharing your point of view.

Personally, about the resolution, I try to make most of my websites liquid designed. That should take care of most of the resolutions.

Prem
    This is very helfful tips, most intresting thing is that these are pretty small things
    but it will make huge impcat on your web site.