SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy Assigning embedded XML to a variable in PHP

First, I'd like to say hello! to everybody out there.
    OK, down to business. I've been working with XML for 3-4 months, using PHPs Sablatron to transform the data. So far, this has simply been a case of using cURL to to fetch the XML which is then assigned to a variable (eg $result). This is then transformed using Sablatron, with the result placed into another variable and ECHO-ed into the browser.
    At the moment I'm trying to do this to a feed which seems to behave a little differently. When I execute the cURL it returns an XML stream which needs to be read into an XML object for transforming. This is where I'm getting lost, as simply assigning a variable doesn't work. The only way I can see the XML is by right-click/viewsource. ECHOing the variable simply returns a value of '1', which I'm assuming is just the boolean 'true'. Here is the code I'm using:

<?php
    $oper='COS';
    $abta=J568X;
    $pass='essex';
    $holref='GAN20ANZM2';
    $dept='LGW';
    $depdate='14SEP04';
    $nights='07';
    $adults='2';
    $children='0';
    $infants='0';
    $siteid='TESTXML';
    $varsent='siteid='.$siteid.'&oper='.$oper.'&abta='.$abta.'&pass='.$pass.'&holref='.$holref.'&dept='.$dept.'&depdate='.$depdate.'&nights='.$nights.'&adults='.$adults.'&children='.$children.'&infants='.$infants;
    // echo $varsent;

$ch=curl_init();
    curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL,"http://195.188.244.12/xmltier3/xml_rooms.asp");
    curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_POST,1);
    curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS, $varsent);
    $result=curl_exec($ch);
    curl_close($ch);
    echo 'result - '.$result;

?>

I've googled on XML+object+php, but didn't find anything useful in the results. I've also had a search throught his forum with the same level of success. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Brian

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've found the solution. I only needed to add the following line to the cURL:
    HTML Code:
    curl_setopt($ch,CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER,true);
    Hope this helps someone sometime.
    Brian