Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi
    Me again
    Finally I ve decided to post the form with PHP. I ve got an idea:Can the reason of failure of my JavaScript-HTML form be SMTP settings of Outlook. (if your default outlook mail-adress is your_name@your_internet_provider.country and not hotmail as me for ex. you have to configur smtp, right?)
    But on the other hand if you dont configer smtp u cant send mails at all... As for your article I dont think it may concern XP

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually, the article seems to let IE 6 off the hook, but I'm not convinced. The composition of the e-mail should occur before the issue of accessing the SMTP server comes up. That's why I was wondering about the default e-mail app. IE grabs OE regardless of the default for e-mail, which in my case is Mozilla. Having a different default e-mail may confuse IE, as that's the article's excuse of why the earlier IE's won't work; they are "open" for other e-mail apps.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally now I ve got the same problem as u and the client - blank "new mail" window. But it doesn't matter any more. I replaced the submit action with PHP and the form is ready and works perfectly. JVLB, I thank u for all your replies and advises. I've learnt a lot of new things during this discution.