User Tag List

Thread: free website

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello!

I just wanted to let you know that I've found an amazing place where people will build you a website for free. The place is artarena.com I think it is simply unbelievable! Any thoughts?

Misfit
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They don't look too professional. And come to think of it, they aren't really that good at web and graphic design. I'd say you'd probably get a better design posting an offer in the Trading Post Forum here at SPF.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think they look quite professional. Anyway, you get a website for free. I wanted my friend's friend to build me a website, he wanted to charge me $900 and I have no time to do it myslef, so I think I will go with artarena for now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

edited to correct various things

Sadly Enough, I agree with Justin. I myself could do a layout such as the bottom green one in about a day. A friend charging you $900? bah. Maybe for that, full features, and 4 years of hosting.

Plus, if all artarena has are their templates, then it means that they took that long and they only have the four. Not a good sign.

Also, make sure you look deeper...They'll design your site, but you have to find someone to host it. If you choose them, you're forking out 19.99 a month. Don't you love how they always stick you with something? Also, they charge for domain registration, which would cost a bundle extra.

Just making sure to warn you.. By the way, their home page stinks as well. They should've posted to the Forums for a critique.
    Last edited by goober; Mar 3, 2001 at 13:46.
    Sean Killeen [LinkedIn] [Twitter] [Web]

Warning: Reality.sys corrupted. Universe halted. Reboot? (Y/N)

Misfit
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually Sean, $900 for a good looking, full featured website is below industry pricing at the moment. Most design companies will charge you $75-$150 per hour, and take 10-20 hours to design the site.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    *gasp*. I'm going into the design field VERY shortly. I'm glad I know that now.

for all you mIRC users, "/me is verry happy".
    Sean Killeen [LinkedIn] [Twitter] [Web]

Warning: Reality.sys corrupted. Universe halted. Reboot? (Y/N)

Irritability Defined
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Justin S
    Actually Sean, $900 for a good looking, full featured website is below industry pricing at the moment. Most design companies will charge you $75-$150 per hour, and take 10-20 hours to design the site.
    That's right.

From a designer's point of view (i.e. mine) the sites don't look exactly professional and I can see jagged edges on the button - usually a sign of a poor designer without the correct tools. Anyone could easily knock that type of site up in about 2 hours flat.

I also smell fried pork meat around this post....
    My 2 Cents (or is that 2.2 Cents including GST?)

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have any eggs to go with that spam! LOL

I don't find the site professional looking at all, but that's what you get for free. (I'm sure you'll get your money's worth).

I would have had a little more respect for your post (me smell spam) if you would have just come out and said it.

Good Luck!
    Paul Ellis
    editor/publisher
    "Web Dogs"
    http://www.webpro4u.com