SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

JavaScript forms

As i mentioned in my previous post, I know how to write JavaScript code and the whole logic from my Java experience but I still need to find out JavaScript methods that would help me do stuff. Does anybody know any good sites with the most commin methods(functions)? For example I noticed that most of the String methods like charAt, indexOf can also be used in JavaScript. The thing i want to find out is how I can communicate with my form, for example I have a form validation script and I want the form to move on and be posted only if the form is valid otherwise the I want the form to be displayed back with the labels of the fields in red. How can i do that?

Thanx

Web-coding NINJA! silver trophy beetle's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    www.peterbailey.net/fValidate/

Try some of the links in my sig for resources
    beetle a.k.a. Peter Bailey
    blogs: php | prophp | security | design | zen | software
    refs: dhtml | gecko | prototype | phpdocs | unicode | charsets
    tools: ide | ftp | regex | ffdev

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you, I will try your link but no offense, I want to learn how to do it too

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can somebody give me a clear answer not a portion of a code that i did not write myself and cannot understand? I just wanna know how can i color the labels of the fields that are wrong. that's all

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    achilleas...no offense, but it's discourteous to abandon a thread and start a new one without acknowledging previous answers. This is really just a continuation of this. Your original posting contained basic errors. Did you want feedback on them?

btw: knowing Java helps with understanding the core JS language, but it won't help you with navigating the DOM - which is what you're basically asking about. DOM belongs to browsers.
    ::: certified wild guess :::

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sorry i just did not notice the whole structure of the forum system and i thought that my reply was the only one i could get. This quick message box on the bottom is not very noticeable. Although you did not answer my question again I will ask something similar because it seems that we cannot communicate. Is there a place(url) where I can have a list with the basic JavaScript methods? please if you don't know or want to make another comment just don't bother THANK YOU