SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its juz the matter of time for other ppl to find a loop hole in it and it will be crack. I'm not saying that only mine software or other people software are uncrackable or 100% secure. There is no such thing as 100% secure.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Moving away from the software world, we can find parallels in the world of locks. The tiny single lever locks that you often get for suitcases can be easily opened with a paperclip and the most minimal amount of experience. They are essentially totally insecure. Moving on to more serious locks, whilst they can be picked, the expertise required is much higher and fewer people can crack them. Some locks may seem secure but have a fundamental flaw that can be exposed once the design has been studied. Handcuffs that Scotland Yard in the UK used for many years are one such example, whereby whilst seemingly secure, if a prisoner banged his wrists hard onto a table then due to a design flaw the handcuffs would spring open. I believe that this was undiscovered for many years (maybe decades) until the patents were examined by an expert.

Depsite locks being secure for all intents and purposes, there may be characters such as Solomon (http://www.thomassolomon.blogspot.com/) who can crack them; Solomon being possibly the world's most talented lock picker at the moment. Whilst he has an impressive ability to break probably any of the locks that any of use regularly, we're not at risk because in reality he's not going to use his skills on our locks or provide classes (I assume!) on lock picking to educate the masses in his considerable skills.

So whilst one cannot make anything totally secure, it is possible to put in place as many barriers as possible, and a good solution will avoid loopholes that can be discovered by scrutiny.
    Protection for PHP scripts - ionCube PHP Encoder
    Create Web Application Installers - ionCube Package Foundry

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cant try this software out the links dont work i get errors

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by william232
    Cant try this software out the links dont work i get errors
    umm...
    Note: This thread is more than 26 months old.
    A 2+ year old thread is pretty much expected to yield invalid links.
    AskItOnline.com - Need answers? Ask it online.
    Create powerful online surveys with ease in minutes!
    Follow us on Twitter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

have a look at this...

Hi all, times ago I was looking for a *real* free PHP encoder, but I found nothing interesting.
    I took (somebody would say "stole" ) part of an open source project, I don't remember wich, to build mine: PHP coder.
    The result is not exactly what we all are looking for. This tool makes more and more difficult to get the source of a script, but doesn't solve the problem .

The only *real* open source project to protect your sources I found was turk mmcache .

So if you want, have a look at mine, but read the link to turk mmcache too!

NOTE: I usually put in my scripts a part of code that connect to a page on my web site, for statistic purpose. Leave it if you can or delete it if you don't want this.. anyway these are the results: http://www.diegobelotti.com/?q=node/31
    Last edited by diegobel; Oct 22, 2006 at 03:00. Reason: I forgot an important advice!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can somebody decode this, and email it to administrator@militaryweaponsforum.com?
    Code:
    <?php

eval(gzinflate(base64_decode('BcHJkqIwAADQz+nu4sCOUlNzIMouQhtA8DLFEkDAQGSR8PXzHl
    qz/rven7jqsxl959mEFOlfiYqhRN9f58KxWnLVNO2syUfq+Zr2yjj1ao72xv2mC6GP9jXuKjPz0AhnXV
    TvWIkmnWfsQxOtgMPsbjcrldb5shtwxlGq1f4OVdCnz6WtAqqPHHwMtcPQdm+IK6u8LYumLSpBOHgfIF
    CKF/BMwaGc5da6zJ/nZZJc6BlTQ9aWercDmcq3J6oyWYMxMvTfmjBIm4Dj5/6sbVBu+oMY05jDvgcdt6
    +ZIB+7zEMGTK+aesQvbxhG/b4J21PWcZiPC9HppLhObOOW58H8tt4tSsZGtM9+8dKJcaa4AAvfueL9pu
    CXkszZZATLeTcFJVwCdOEcCg6MaVdSOEjOKV0hD/cQynJ/Js2DXyu6NW12+2QgR2N2v+qSydVkOfjKHh
    dKMsQkDiFO80KLHUpO22KRzT4lHeC76k6UT5kN1fvjwDU38WeKqoaxNuaYYqTCxt6FtXxLaj0rjkJRt1
    tDn8rMdnVQSsTNi/KjrmuUA2Wbh8nZtbktRHYRsAzmWlw6D3pgLIfJfiN5dyHxO08Fue8mItLqUTveo8
    c2w9s7wXxk1IF5w3FT41PXvU+ie7uU48MULNPqQJFcecGssOrb9W30J9TnQJJUbv6VvWRVZm1nbZAJ8S
    li5D5n82dwZQX/3lxMWC/pnqZJfzmx4lPujSMb7CrL1vrfr5+fnz//AQ==')));

exit();
    ?>

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Itresting script.............can you tell me in detail what field are you going to implement. I want to know....i can suggest you more on that

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know what you mean, that script should just be footer text.
    im not planning on erasing the copyrights alrady there
    , but i wnt to add my own a well.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got it thanks!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dkirby View Post
    Can somebody decode this, and email it to administrator@militaryweaponsforum.com?
    Code:
    <?php

eval(gzinflate(base64_decode('BcHJkqIwAADQz+nu4sCOUlNzIMouQhtA8DLFEkDAQGSR8PXzHl
    qz/rven7jqsxl959mEFOlfiYqhRN9f58KxWnLVNO2syUfq+Zr2yjj1ao72xv2mC6GP9jXuKjPz0AhnXV
    TvWIkmnWfsQxOtgMPsbjcrldb5shtwxlGq1f4OVdCnz6WtAqqPHHwMtcPQdm+IK6u8LYumLSpBOHgfIF
    CKF/BMwaGc5da6zJ/nZZJc6BlTQ9aWercDmcq3J6oyWYMxMvTfmjBIm4Dj5/6sbVBu+oMY05jDvgcdt6
    +ZIB+7zEMGTK+aesQvbxhG/b4J21PWcZiPC9HppLhObOOW58H8tt4tSsZGtM9+8dKJcaa4AAvfueL9pu
    CXkszZZATLeTcFJVwCdOEcCg6MaVdSOEjOKV0hD/cQynJ/Js2DXyu6NW12+2QgR2N2v+qSydVkOfjKHh
    dKMsQkDiFO80KLHUpO22KRzT4lHeC76k6UT5kN1fvjwDU38WeKqoaxNuaYYqTCxt6FtXxLaj0rjkJRt1
    tDn8rMdnVQSsTNi/KjrmuUA2Wbh8nZtbktRHYRsAzmWlw6D3pgLIfJfiN5dyHxO08Fue8mItLqUTveo8
    c2w9s7wXxk1IF5w3FT41PXvU+ie7uU48MULNPqQJFcecGssOrb9W30J9TnQJJUbv6VvWRVZm1nbZAJ8S
    li5D5n82dwZQX/3lxMWC/pnqZJfzmx4lPujSMb7CrL1vrfr5+fnz//AQ==')));

exit();
    ?>
    <? echo '<p>&nbsp;</p></td></tr></table></center></div>';$link=true;if (file_exists('hesk_license.php')) {include_once('hesk_license.php');if (@is_array($hesk_settings['license'])) {$link=false;}}if ($link) {echo '<p align="center"><font class="smaller">Powered by < class="smaller" target="_blank">Help desk software Hesk</> '.$hesk_settings['hesk_version'].'</font></p>';}include_once('footer.txt');echo '</body></html>'; ?>

isso muito simples e um pouco trabalhoso ,mas o resultado final esse

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by colinr View Post
    i don't like the idea... kinda against the whole OSS philosophy isn't it?

use other people's freely given time and effort (and money) [apache, php, mysql, etc, etc] to write a script and then set up a system where you control who can use it or not....

I wonder where we would all be if apache/php/mysql used that same thinking....

secondly, if someone buys a php script package from you, why not let them tailor it to their needs?

Not that I think you are a bad person er something. just think its kinda hypocritical to make an open-source [its on sourceforge right] program that is built to make other programs (or scripts, etc) closed-source...

Big corporations that make millions create these free products like php and mysql to bring consumer interest to there products, don't think for one moment that they do anything for FREE,
    But as for us using a tool to protect our intellectual property, I personally wouldn't mind giving edit rights to companies I build applications for if only I knew that whoever reworked my application wasn't stealing my code or concepts to build their own application that will compete with mine, and all the time while using code they stole from me...

Hope this helps, you

I for one am completely for this !