SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Thread: Opera

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so much was being said about Opera and it was on a CD i have so i installed it. after restarting and the usual stuff i opened opera up and what did i see i was on a evaluation period, is this right? do they expect me to pay for a browser? oh yeah im sure youve been told but sitepoint.com is messed up in it
    Back Again

Don't get too close, I bite! Nicky's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are currently two versions of Opera, one that you can install as an evaluation and then buy, and another one that you can install for free but is supported via banner advertisement!
    Last edited by Nicky; Feb 28, 2001 at 18:17.

SitePoint Addict michaelwheaton's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am using Opera 5, which is definately the best browser I have ever used. It is customizable, has tons of great features, starts quicker, and displays pages faster. I think that it's the only standards compliant browser that there is. It's a great program, and worth the money!

e=2.718281828459045235360 HyperBaseball's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been using Opera 5.02 for a long time now (since it came out) and I don't even see the banner ad anymore. It's my favorite browser out of everything I've used due to its speed and usability.

I recommend it to everyone!
    Jason Unger is me.
    "Homer no function beer well without"
    http://www.jasonunger.com

Misfit
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love Opera as well, but it just may be a little too strict. My site passed the W3C HTML Validation program they have, but for some reason it doesn't show up in Opera (it's actually probably the dHTML). Anyway, I'm not going to worry about it, since I'm redesigning the site.

In conclusion, I must say Opera is a very impressive browser (I paid to get rid of the banner).