SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    everybody that knows a bit more about subversion can someone please help me installing it as a apache module:

http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/showthread.php?t=249072

I can run it locally but not as apache module
    Go visit my site :-D you know you want to ;-)
    www.mech7.net

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke Redpath
    Funny, I just installed it on Win2K server, and despite a hiccup with Apache and the Subversion required DLLs (you need to copy them to Apache's module directory), setting it up was really easy. Integrating it into NT's domain authentication using SSPI was also a piece of cake.
    Yeah, I guess I didn't mean to imply that it was impossible or even difficult -- but just completely unenviable. Running things like Apache & MySQL on Windows always just feels like such a bolt-on hack. I just can't imagine trying to run a Windows-base production server, but kudos to those brave few of you who do!

(and I'm glad Subversion works great on Windows.)

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For me one should go beyond traditional version control and have a finer granularity. So with these version control I implement this procedure:
    http://www.sound-traffic-exchange.com/beyond_cvs.png
    I use 2 simple freewares to implement this fast: rjh extensions which allow to duplicate a file with a new version number, and filenote which allow to create an annotation file (same file name but with txt extension).
    So I reserve version control software only for grand public release whereas I have private finer version controls.

I also feel much more secure to have everything stored under normal file format than a proprietary format if this latter gets messed arrggh the panics .

Also it's something natural to do even graphist designers can do it whereas using cvs command hmm hmm frankly I get a headache myself

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Evolution by ionForge

One of the newest version control tools is Evolution by ionForge (www.ionforge.com). The Evolution single-user license is a free download at the ionForge website. With Evolution, it's easy for distributed teams to work over the internet. Evolution is intuitive and for those working on big projects it doesn't require lots of admin time.