SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Semi Adult Sites: Too Many To Start a New one?

We have seen AskMen , We have seen ChaserMag.com and we have numerous other on newsstands with nearly all having an online presence.

But the point is : Is there any further scope to start a new Men's Magazine site ?

Your Opinions Please.

l 0 l silver trophybronze trophy lo0ol's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think there's almost always room for another- it turns out that the Internet is actually a large place. Granted, if there are established alternatives it's going to make your job considerably difficulter (heehee). If you want to go through and make one you have to know exactly what you're doing and do it well. It might be easier to find a niche within a niche and target that.

does not play well with others frezno's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Success is probabely also a matter of how do you handle it to spread the word that you (your site) exists.
    If nobody knows about it who should join your site?
    We are the Borg. Resistance is futile. Prepare to be assimilated.
    I'm Pentium of Borg.Division is futile.Prepare to be approximated.

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think the industry is too saturated but you have to find a way to differentiate yourself from the competition. Offer something they don't, make your site unique in some way.

Unauthorized Web Theologian emmzee's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You also have to be careful about the content you're using on sites like that. A lot of sites of that nature probably "borrow" pictures and other content from other sites ... and it would truly suck to have finally built up a good deal of users and then get an email from Maxim's lawyers saying that you'd better take down 1/2 of the pictures on your site So it would be very beneficial to have your own unique content to use, or find a source for freely available to use, royalty-free content.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check out: http://www.internext-expo.com - if you are near FL you should go to the expo. You will learn a lot and meet a lot of people. I usually go to the one in Vegas since that is about the same time as the AVN just to see what is going on in the industry. They do keep the seminars pretty well controlled.

Unique content is always a good factor. A lot of people think to possibly push a specific fetish. A lot of my friends just create website for specific fetishes & then push people to each of those sites to gain more members.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    there are so many resources available. The trick, as with any site, it to figure a way to get the traffic flowing your way. I agree, if you're near FLA, the convention in august is ideal