SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help with file based content pager

I'm trying to make a system that navigates through different pages, within sub directories. It's a pretty simple concept. But I can't seem to be getting anywhere with it. I'm used to coding php, but this javascript stuff is blowing my mind. Here is what I need to accomplish.

When a particular button is pressed, a window pops up. In that window should be a framed document. that top frame is the naviation that allows stays in place. the navigation shows what page you are on and how many pages there are in the current section. There are also next and previous buttons. if you are in one section and at the end, then press next, it should take you to the first page in the next section if there is one.

Does anyone know of anything like this that I can look at? I just need some high level ideas of appraoching this. Anything would be appreciated at this point!

Matt

Web-coding NINJA! silver trophy beetle's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds to me like you should be doing this in PHP
    beetle a.k.a. Peter Bailey
    blogs: php | prophp | security | design | zen | software
    refs: dhtml | gecko | prototype | phpdocs | unicode | charsets
    tools: ide | ftp | regex | ffdev

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes you're right. But the problem is that the whole navigation system is javascript based. They don't want the navigation part of the page re-loading. So, it's got to be in a frame. There is a small little block that moves along to show the current page (using a div). I'm sorry I'm probably not explaining everything very clearly. I'm going to post a link to what I'm talking about in a bit... Thanks for the reply!

Matt