SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi guys,

I'm currently in the the process of writing my own script that deals with bounced Email from a mailing list and in that case I need to access the mailbox to which the bounced Emails are sent.

I know that this is possible (I saw Kevin Y. mention it in a previous post I made) so I went to the official PHP site trying to find out how, but all I found was this page at http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.imap.php which didn't make much sense to me. It seems that I need to install something extra on my server for the functions to work, but other than that, I'm completely lost. What exactly is it to compile and how do I do it? And what is my include and link path? When I visit the link to the library mentioned, I'm presented with a list of files. Should I download them all?

Also, is it possible to have a PHP script run regulary (like setting up a cron job for CGI scripts) ?

Thanks in advance !
    Sincerely,

Eirik Johansen
    Netmaking AS

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check this out:
    http://www.sitepointforums.com/showt...105#post107105

I believe you can also use cron to schedule PHP scripts to run, not sure of the exact syntax though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi James,

Thanks for the link. With a little work, I've managed to understand how it's done. However, something like this could use a good tutorial (I might decide to write one once I'm done with the project).

Thanks again !
    Sincerely,

Eirik Johansen
    Netmaking AS