SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy total internet idiot

We want to implement a script, we have mysql and php on the server and enough space.

The script should be able to login users to find recipes, mostly user added recipes. we want to actualy select the ingredients and with that information they get a menu...

So they select a couple of ingredients they have or want to use and then get their possible menus. Also all users are able to add recipes with the same options. So in the page you will see lots of vegetables, meat sorts and fish ect etc and they "tick" or highlight what they want, and then click search or something and up comes a page with links to menus....

users have to be able to rate the recipes and be able to add which then will carry their name and also pictures if they want.

Now I am totaly in the dark on how to do it and have very little money but its an important project for us...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, do you know any server-side scripting languages, like PHP or Perl? That would be a start. It sounds like a pretty involved project to hire out without spending a lot of money. Maybe you can find a script that will work, check out http://www.hotscripts.com

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

script

Quote Originally Posted by nking
    Well, do you know any server-side scripting languages, like PHP or Perl? That would be a start. It sounds like a pretty involved project to hire out without spending a lot of money. Maybe you can find a script that will work, check out http://www.hotscripts.com

Thank you,

I have been looking for scripts for a week now and my eyes hurt from the screen! I dont know any php, just my way around design and golive. If I could find a script that allows me to make queries based on a series of "ticks" or "selection", in this case ingredients, i could figure it all out.

There are scripts that allow someone to select e.g. mexican, then they are directed to mexican food menus. I want people to select e.g., potato, onion, carrot, beef, and based on those four ingredients they get a menu that needs those four.

Also when people want to add a menu, they have the screen where they select those same ingredients they need and add information as to how to prepare and perhaps even (but not important) at a picture.

Any help is appriciated, even if we have to offer a small percentages in the project for a developer to come aboard where happy to do so.

Michiel