SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation Need help from you e-commerce gurus

I'm putting together a couple of websites on which I'd like to process online payments. One is a services site, the other a product site.

I'm still trying to determine the best way to receive payments. I'm currently using a manual auth procedure using ProPay, and I'm fine with that. While automating payments would be the ideal, I'd also love to hear if there is a secure way that I can simply receive the CC information and then process it manually.

Both sites have similar needs:

- The design integrity must be preserved through the purchasing process, so I don't want it to just be dropped off on an ugly, generic page on a third-party site. Slapping a logo on it won't do either.

- As much as possible, I'd like to minimize the mental gearjam of dropping the user in the middle of an awkward third-party sign up process. If there's a way to accept payments without forcing them to sign up on another site, I'd love to hear it.

- Programming is no problem. I'm looking for the best solution that will let me preserve the integrity of the end user experience, rather than just the cheapest/easiest method. Custom coding, XML web services, etc., are no problem.

So, I ask you -- What's the best way for me to go about accomplishing these things? What are the best providers (or what's the most secure way for me to receive the CC data so I can run it manually?)

Thanks!
    James

Serial Publisher silver trophy aspen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The most secure way would be to have it sent with an SSL connection to a function that encrypts it with a public key and puts it in a database. Then you can download and decrypt it with a private key.
    Chris Beasley - I publish content and ecommerce sites.
    Featured Article: Free Comprehensive SEO Guide
    My Guide to Building a Successful Website
    My Blog|My Webmaster Forums

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agreed. Or it can just encrypt it, email it to you and you decrypt it off-line. Safer too as there's no only CC info stored for someone to hack into.
    Ocean View Host - Affordable web hosting plans for any business.
    Modern Technology, Old Fashioned Value & Service!
    U.S. Merchant Services - Reliable merchant account services for all business!
    Quality People Providing A Quality Service!