User Tag List

Thread: MySql Log Files

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MySql Log Files

Is there any way to view a log of all MySQL actions over a given time. I am trying to figure out if my script has a bug in it or if it is a user issue. The user says that they saw a record yesterday that they don't see today. Since I am the only one with full access I am trying to figure out how a record could just disappear.

Thanks,

sk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just re-installed XP so I don't have MySQL installed or I would check. However, I recommend adding your own logs, for when records are added, removed, etc. Since you create the logs you get to chose what information they contain, which could be more helpful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Found this:
    There are no log files with the default install except the error log. if you want to delete it on Windows, stop mysqld and delete it.
    If somebody other than you manages the server, or if its a *nix based server, you can ask whoever is in charge for a copy of the logs.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you are using windows then in systems32 directory look for my.ini file ( /etc/../my.cnf in linux) and add --log or log-bin option in it and then restart mysql. Read about 'bin-log' and mysqlbinlog in mysql doc's.

If you are connecting to mysql from windows and are using myODBC then you can goto control panel -> settings ->admin tools-> odbc data sources -> look for Tracing ->start tracing button.
    Above will generate a sql log file.....but only on client machine.

- slamdunkinpoolJAMyahooDOTcom ( remove 'JAM' )

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    does anyone have any good examples of using and displaying these log files with php?

Note I am on a Linux box.

Thanks