User Tag List

Thread: error message

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question error message

I installed mysql and it works find. For some reason, i deleted mysql from control panel add/remove program.
    Today, I am reading the book "database driven website using php and mysql. I downloaded again the mysql 4.0.20a-win and unzip the file and save the in my c: drive. I configured a file my.ini and save it in C:\Windows directory.

When I click the winmysqladmin.exe, I get the error message " This application has failed to start because LIBMSQL.DLL was not found. Re-installing the application may fix the problem"

I wanna uninstall the mysql properly? Can anyone help me? I wanna start all over again.

My operating system is window xp.

Hope to hear from you..

chair

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would use add/remove programs to remove it. Then delete the mysql directory. Then run the MySQL windows installer. You should have a fresh install after that.
    Shopping Deals and Target Coupons

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i had the same exact problem just today, and i have windows xp too. i installed the database, then i got the error message about the missing file. i removed it using Add/Remove programs, installed it again and got the same problem. i d/led the installer from another mirror to see if that would solve the problem but it didnt.
    i'm completely new to this, so please please, help me!