User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Customising Accss Database

Hi All
    I am currently, building a access database for the High School that I work at to track students attendance and work progress. I have already had some great help from this forum, on security for this database.I am now trying to customise the database. I want to be able to have just the switchboard open when the user double clicks to open the database, I have done this some time ago, but cannot remember how. I no I use VBA, the onload sub function tied to the switchboad, this also has to allow for the users to logon with password which is already inplace. Also I want to get rid of the access menu bar and Task bar if possible and have the name of the database on the form. I believe a few years ago I did this or something like this but just cant remember How.Can someone please help me with this, would help with security and keep users from trying to do other things to the database and would give it aProfessional look.
    Cheers
    Burkem

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can use tools>startup to define what form opens when the database is opened and what toolbars are visible. This isn't 100% secure as I think a persistent user can still open the database window if they want.

Is the login a separate form or incorporated in the switchboard?

HTH
    Dave

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Database Login

Quote Originally Posted by dubya
    You can use tools>startup to define what form opens when the database is opened and what toolbars are visible. This isn't 100% secure as I think a persistent user can still open the database window if they want.

Is the login a separate form or incorporated in the switchboard?

HTH
    Dave
    Hi Dave
    Thanks for your help, its a database login when access first opens for the database I am building, for this particular databse. Does this help.
    Cheers
    Mark

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burkeym
    Hi Dave
    Thanks for your help, its a database login when access first opens for the database I am building, for this particular databse. Does this help.
    Cheers
    Mark

Oh I see so its just a simple password in Access itself. I wasn't sure whether you were linking to another database.

Did you manage to do what you wanted in Tools>startup?

Dave