I finally figured out how to get my MySQL database and tables online. Now I'm struggling to get them connected to my pages.

I created two databases, usernames and passwords with the same names on my computer and remote site. For example, if my local username and password are jack_pine and jack_frost, then my remote username and password are jack_pine and jack_straw. Then I published my tables online. I confirmed they're online with my webhost's phpMyAdmin. "Privileges - All" are checked under my username.

Then, I created a new page on my local computer, inserted a recordset and dynamic table and previewed it. It works. Then I published this page and the "Connections" folder online. But when I preview the page online, I get this error message:

Warning: mysql_pconnect(): Access denied for user: '[USERNAME]@localhost' (Using password: YES) in /home/pltx/public_html/Connections/test.php on line 9
Access denied for user: '[USERNAME]@localhost' (Using password: YES)

I'm using Dreamweaver and am also trying to figure out two folders, Connections and _mmServerScripts. I understand that both have to be on line before everything works. But I'm curious - do people who don't use Dreamweaver also create folders named Connections and _mmServerScripts, or is this just a Dreamweaver thing?

If it's just a Dreamweaver thing, I'd like to learn the alternative method, too. Thanks.