SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Show files as people upload them

I have a bit of a problem, I am trying to make an article writing script for my site and everything seems to be going very well except one aspect. I have a popup window that the user can use to upload pictures to his article and what I would like is to have all these pictures reflected as uploaded on the main article window.

The problem is the entire page cannot be reloaded or all changes the user made to the article will be lost.

My first idea was to use an Iframe in the article window and reload that every time the user added a picture and have that reflect what pictures he has uploaded. But for the life of me I cannot find out how to refresh an iframe in another window from a popup window.

At this point I am pretty lost on how to tackle this problem.

I know what I write is sometimes a bit hard to understand so I will go over what I am trying to do again

1. A user clicks on a link from the article writing interface to open a popup window.
    2. In this popup window the user can upload pictures.
    3. All pictures uploaded are reflected in the main article window without reloading the page.

I have everything working but the output of files on the article page.

Any insight would be very appreciated.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I solved the problem by calling the popup from inside the iframe but I am still open to ideas.