I'm learning how to publish databases online by exporting them as SQL files, then going into my online C-Panel and importing them.

On my first attempt, just one of six tables was successfully imported. I understand the error message referred to a "Referential Integrity" issue. The second table couldn't be imported because one of its fields is associated with a field on another table that had not yet been imported.

I've determined that the solution is to insert two statements in a dump file that contains create table statements.

SET FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS = 0; [at the beginning of the file]
SET FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS = 1; [at the end of the file]

Because I don't know how to use the command line client with MySQL, I'd like to know if I can open this document with Notepad and insert the statements. If so, can someone tell me where to find this file?

Also, I wondered if a second strategy would work: Can I export and import my database one table at a time?

And here's my last question. I don't understand what I have to do to prepare for a database import. Suppose a database on my local computer is named jack_star.

1. Do I have to create a database named jack_star on my remote site before I can import my local jack_star? Or can I open up phpMyAdmin on a remote site with a "blank slate" and just import whatever databases I want?

2. After I've imported a database online, can I import successive databases on top of it? In other words, suppose I publish jack_star online. Later I modify a table on my LOCAL jack_star database online. Can I then republish jack_star online, with the amended table? I'm a little confused because on a recent attempt, I received a "table already exists error." I thought it would simply write over it.

Thanks.