Thread: please review

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would like to know what you do (not) like about it: www.Agronomist.org

Thanks!

Apropos, if you find some bad spelling, let me know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi

I like the relaxed look of the page. The peas on the menu are nice. On the eMail, there is no identification of the source of the eMail service. Is this free, or will the enrollee be sold and resold? This time the banners lined up well. But my pref would have the eMail banner below the header, with the header centered. But I think we talked about that before. I like the pepper border around the header.

On the clubs, plenty of room for more, very nice.

Links page same.

News page current. How? (Not important for the page to identify the vehicle).

Centering the page on 1028 and above would help.

Nice treatment.

NN 4.08 looks very much the same as the IE 5.5 mentioned above.

Oh, in neither Browser did the three graphics come up above the cols in News.

Nice page

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Call me stupid, but what is an agronomist? Economist dealing with agriculture? Now probably those that count will know, but I still would suggest in that open white space in the middle that you include a little comment, description, or other that gives the visitor an idea what exactly an agronomist is.I also like the peapod pictures and the upper logo. I noticed that you use a little times type font every once in a while. Might wanna keep it all consistant throughout the pages.I also agree that you should explain the e-mail a little more. And also bring it down the page a little.Good stuff so far though
    Brian Wilmot
    http://www.jumpnow.net/
    http://www.uglybillboards.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A nice, small site, nothing special, but very good. There's really not much that I can say, I think it's good the way it is. I would only recommend perhaps changing the "Clubs" section around a little bit. I think more people would understand "Forums" than they would "Clubs." Plus if you call the section "Forums" you can also include a link to your own forum (the one you mention on the main page). That's really all I can recommend, good job!Review specs: IE 5/Win. 98/1024x768
    -Nick

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    alright!, time for some constructive criticism .. i hope you dont take this harshly ... this site could use a better UI .. i mean, make the peas stand out a little... hmm, not sure, possibly putting some green behind the text could do taht ... first thing my eyes fell on when i goto the site was the amazon logo .. lol, and thats not good.. secondly...it wouldnt hurt to add a little more color, possibly a light light green or something with a greenish tint, for the background instead of the white (i prefer black).. for the mail, instead of "Login below for your free web-based email" maybe "Login below for your free username@agronomist.org" email .. first thing i wonder when i see that is "hmm, whats this?" .. other than that, not sure, if fits snug in my browser .. thats a good thing ..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello.. Interesting site..The use of the pea pods on the sides opening and closing depending on the page, thats pretty cool.I think those search boxes could be built better into the site. They stick out way to much, and i think they decease the quality of the site. Try turning the bg into a light grey so it wont stick out so much.Your logo is simple, to simple i think, but hey, it works. The mouseovers are cool to, and your page it loaded fast : ).
    Ken Prescott - 21Studios freelancing design
    Graphic-Forums - The Forums for the Graphic User

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First, thank you all for your input!

Ed, you are right, I have changed the position of the mail banner and it looks better. Added some links in the other menus.

Questions: - is it not 1024 pixels?

I also do not see the "news three graphics"... if you reload the page, it sometimes vanich... do not know why the graphics itself is never shown.

Bwilmot, an agronomist is an expert in agriculture (also called a farmer ;-)

Please visit the revised site. Thanks!