SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

View Poll Results: IKOBO TERRIBLE SERVICE!! BEWARE!

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • IKOBO TERRIBLE SERVICE!! BEWARE!

0 0%
  • IKOBO TERRIBLE SERVICE!! BEWARE!

0 0%
    SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ikobo Terrible Service!!!

I have 2 terrible incidents with Ikobo

First time I used Ikobo, I sent money to Phillippines 3 wks. prior to Christmas. Their website say 3 to 5 business days. My brother did not receive the iKard they promised before Xmas and it took them another 2 weeks after Xmas before he received it. In other words, he had no money for Xmas because of their delays and on top of that, I called them many times and would not even respond back. If you call them, it is very difficult to get a hold of anyone there. Then, their Chat site never ever worked!!!

The next incident, in order for them to raise the sending limit say to $3,000 you have to send them very very sensitive information such as, passport, drivers license, SS#, Birt Cert., and Utility Bill. This is very scary because that means they know more about you now. PayPal never ask for any of this information – unfortunately, Paypal failed to send the debit card to this sub-contractor that is why we were desperate to use Ikobo right away. Remember, Ikobo is an Indian company – you are basically dealing with a third world country. I lost $1,000 dollars sending money through UPS to India before. I now wish I did not send Ikobo any of our sensitive information especially since they have terrible service! Be careful!!!!

The second incident is one of our sub-contractor is visiting US. We wanted to pay him through Ikobo so that he receives his ikard here while travelling. He of course, doesn't want to open up a bank acct. here because he needs US ss#. All of a sudden, ikobo blocked our acct. for sending for someone here in vegas. The most frustrating of all is I called many times and again I can't get a hold of someone there, as usual their chat room doesn't work. A week later someone finally e-mailed me with a short and cold response... "Why are sending money to someone who lives in the same area?" So, I e-mailed back and explained about the sub-contractor travelling." That was May 25th and it is now June 2nd I still haven't heard from them. So, again, I called them up patiently 3 times as nobody ever answer the phone. Unless, you wait for a long time, their line sounds like they have cut you off. I patiently waited and waited as I was determined to solve this issue. Then, I finally talked to a Daniel and asked me all the security questions. I have told him that he can call our banker to verify who we are. So, then he said he will remove the block on our account. I noticed he did remove the block so, when I tried to send money all of a sudden “ACCOUNT IS BLOCKED!”

I say, if you can find other ways to send money do it. Don’t use IKOBO. If you hear anything good about Ikobo in the internet, believe me I found they have been spamming the bulletin boards to say good things about their own organization.

He's No Good To Me Dead silver trophybronze trophy stymiee's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Someone actually posted spam about them earlier.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They have actually been banned by a few forums finally for spamming. I have warned people to stay away for a long time.

Sure when Paypal started, they spammed. But spam was a lot different back then.