SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

aligning content

I am using geocities right now for hosting my web page and I was wanting to know if someone could tell me if there is a way I can align some of the content to the right so that it's not all to the left and in the middle? I would really appreciate the help. The only thing I have on there right now is some file association fixes for XP and a couple of pics. www.geocities.com/raizer_burn
    Thanks to anyone that can help me out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Raizer,

Your basic html needs a bit more structure. Then you can do what you want. I would follow the basic's at :-
    http://www.w3schools.com/html/default.asp

Work through the lessons and then rework the page.

At present you have the links <a></a> straight in the body of the html, there really need to be in a <p> of even a <ul>. Meaning a paragraph or a Unordered List. You can attach a style to each element.

I'm sorry for not giving you a direct answer, but by working your way through this and gaining a better understanding of the basic's you will learn a lot quick in the future and produce html that you can do what you want with. Well.... Almost.

Good luck,
    Mikel
    Good decisions come from experience.
    Experience comes from making bad decisions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the response

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeymoo
    Hi Raizer,

Your basic html needs a bit more structure. Then you can do what you want. I would follow the basic's at :-
    http://www.w3schools.com/html/default.asp

Work through the lessons and then rework the page.

At present you have the links <a></a> straight in the body of the html, there really need to be in a <p> of even a <ul>. Meaning a paragraph or a Unordered List. You can attach a style to each element.

I'm sorry for not giving you a direct answer, but by working your way through this and gaining a better understanding of the basic's you will learn a lot quick in the future and produce html that you can do what you want with. Well.... Almost.

Good luck,
    So, What you are saying is if I use a <p> before each link and a</p> after each link then i can put the links on my page anywhere I want? It's okay for not giving me a straight answer, I would much rather learn it on my own. I've been using HTML for about year or so off and on, I just do it for fun and what I've learned so far I have pretty much learned on my own. I am taking a look at the link that you sent me and I will give those lessons a try. Thanks for the help.