User Tag List

Thread: Survivor

Serial Publisher silver trophy aspen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Croccodiles are baaaad.
    Chris Beasley - I publish content and ecommerce sites.
    Featured Article: Free Comprehensive SEO Guide
    My Guide to Building a Successful Website
    My Blog|My Webmaster Forums

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I guess this means crocodiles are involved in this week's episode? Don't tell me anymore, I taped it and will be watching this weekend.

Misfit
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hate Survivor. The Mole is so much better.

e=2.718281828459045235360 HyperBaseball's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amen! The Mole is soo much nicer than Survivor. It takes smarts to win at The Mole, Survivor all you have to do is hold onto a pole longer than anyone else. Who cares!

I think Steven is the mole. They're having a two part finale this week, Tuesday and Wednesday nights. I'm having a Mole party!
    Jason Unger is me.
    "Homer no function beer well without"
    http://www.jasonunger.com

Misfit
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sweet! Can I come? My brother thinks Katherine is the mole, but I pesonally don't know yet. I guess I would agree with you.

Survivor all you have to do is hold onto a pole longer than anyone else.
    ... and looks good in a bathing suit.
    Last edited by Justin S; Feb 22, 2001 at 23:49.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    actually I'm talking about next weeks survivor they showed a clip.

Actually they showed a croc in the water, a man screaming and thrashing about, and a med-evac copter. You fill in the blanks. I'm watching next week for sure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the Mole too, especially because you can only be voted off by your self being dumb, not by the choice of others. I still dont understand why people dont act more like the mole to make others think they are the mole and take the quiz incorrectly...

I also like survivor...but I am really scared of what is going to happen on next weeks episode. They showed a crocodile attack someone and you heard screaming, then they showed the tribe crying, and you saw someone being airlifted off. I really hope it was just a hype thing like they had this week showing the stretchers with someone on it in the commericals...I was scared someone got hurt this episode. But I have a really bad feeling...I truly, and very badly hope no one dies or gets badly hurt. Does anyone have a guess on who it is? I have this feeling its is Micheal...

I am just glad its not rodger, he is my favorite by far. But its not, cause they showed him holding onto amber who was crying.

What would they do if someone was killed, or if someone was badly enough hurt they had to leave the show? I am just praying nothing bad happens and no one is killed or hurt at all...

Misfit
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bet CBS is happy someone possibly got mauled by a croc. I mean, imagine their ratings...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh ya I'm sure CBS will have huge ratings.

I think its either Mike or Jeff - I hope its not Mike because he's my favorite too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Justin S
    Sweet! Can I come? My brother thinks Katherine is the mole, but I pesonally don't know yet. I guess I would agree with you.
    Sure Justin, that's cool. When I first saw The Mole, I thought it was going to be a total rip off of Survivor, because some of the people even looked alike (Henry and Gervase, Charlie and Rudy, etc..) but once I started watching it, I was hooked.

You actually have to think and plan to win at The Mole... Survivor's just dumb.
    Jason Unger is me.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love The Mole! Have only seen 3 epsisodes, but I think it is Jim. Can't wait to watch next season from the beginning!

I watched about half the episodes of Survivor last year, but lost interest. Have only seen bits and pieces this season, and then only during commercial breaks for "Whose Line ..." Has anyone seen any of the non-US versions of Survivor? I think it might be somewhat interesting to watch a few episodes of those, just to see how people from different countries approach it. As for the U.S. version, I think that the fact that they are showing someone get seriously injured and using it for ratings is just wrong, so I think I've seen the last of what I'll watch of Survivor.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been hearing all kinds of storys now. Killer bee attack, food posioning, camera man injured, croc being shot. Either way, I think were being misled by that preview.

SitePoint Co-founder Matt Mickiewicz's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ahhh... I missed yesterday's episode!

I just programmed it into my Palm... that's the last time I miss it.
    Matt Mickiewicz - Co-Founder
    SitePoint.com - Empowering Web Developers Since 1997
    Follow me on Twitter.

Skills to Pay the Bills Sparkie's Avatar
    A cave with 47 computers and an internet feed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I watch Survivor religiously and I think its a great show. I've never seen the Mole..

There was a big controversy surrounding the stabbing of the pig, but now that someone gets attacked by a crocodile that's really going to heat things up.

Didn't someone get injured on the Mole too? Fell out of a tree....?

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Read this on the http://www.f*ckedcompany.com boards. Seems to be the most accurate theory.

Originally posted by Christy
    Hi all,

Right now we are thinking of lots of possible scenarios but there is a pattern, most evident from previous episodes, that may help sort it out.

1) In the PigKill preview, myself and others noted that Mike was wearing two different outfits in the preview. Our postulation was that the "Standing glaring with Knife" and "Chasing Pig" frames were from two totally separate events. The truth was that they were. One was him wanting to butcher a chicken and the other was a real pig chase.
    2) In the "Dirty Girl" snippet, MB had CLEARLY shown every female in the water at some point during the 4 episodes EXCEPT Kimmi, who was always shown only at the waters edge filling jugs or something..but NEVER in the water or washing clothes.

Those are just two examples, but the truth is that EVERY single "On the Next Episode" snippet had some clue or prelude to what occured. There has never yet been anything that couldn't have been correlated by a very careful viewer. Unfortunately, most of us, including me, only see it in hindsight.

So now we have this preview with the Croc and Water. I posted this on another thread but it is buried and here it is again.

1) That helo was a passgenger helo and not an ambulence helo. It doesn't have the girth or length for a stretcher, let alone a full med team. So if it were truly critical, it wouldn't have been that helo.
    2) There is no blood in the water. NONE. I have looked frame by frame and there is nothing. I did a color analysis and the red is bottomed out in each frame near the water..hence no red.
    3) The thrashing is from one side of the river end to the other and not focused for a beach entrance. It is also occurring in the middle, meaning a lateral approach that would have been seen. Remember that Kimmi said they saw crocs all the time.
    4) An animal being attacked, such as a bird, or even two crocs doing their battles, would produce exactly that type of roll..exactly.
    5) The preview says that Kucha learns that it is real out there..it does NOT say someone gets hurt. Likewise the accident report to Ogawhores says only there is an accident.
    6) We have seen a preview of the fire shooting sparks at sleeping people.
    7) We have a reliable report of Mike's damaged hands.

So what? Well, it may be that Kucha finally gets to see the unforgettable sight of a croc dual or feeding and it makes it real for them. Perhaps even one of them was getting water at the time so felt how close to danger they always are. Please note that Kimmi isn't getting water now and so Elizabeth could very well have been filling water jugs and having a little bath. She is holding a water skin in the preview.

Fire hints seem to abound here, and the amount of time spent focusing on a moved campfire was totally excessive, so it could be that the chill makes them move the fire yet again, or in fact catches a tree or something on fire and Mike is injured putting it out. Perhaps they lose a part of their camp structure even. This would account for the reactions from Jerri of a little grin of evil and Colby's sincere consternation for them. It would also account for the time spent on their fire and the non-medivac helo, suitable only for a person still capable of sitting up, showing up.

So far, MB has given a prelude, however obscure, to everything that happens. It is good editing and he has fully admitted that he can't resist giving clues for the very careful watcher. The amount of time on the campfire, which did not include any conflict at all, was truly excessive and lasted longer than the fighting did, which is arguably the most exciting thing Kucha did in the show.

Liz is wearing two different things in the frames. One obviously taken from another time. Would she be so upset if no one got hurt? Probably not. Would she have just stood there making a "Wow" face if someone was hurt? Probably not. This indicates that there are two events that are unrelated here and have been skillfully woven together for max impact.

Just my thoughts..what do you think?

Christy
    Last edited by syanet; Feb 23, 2001 at 16:59.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    syanet,

What's the url for that? It got ** starred out. If it's something totally inappropriate, just personal message me and put it in there.

Thanks
    Jason Unger is me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never mind, I found it. Thanks anyway.
    Jason Unger is me.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I sincerely hope it was all just good editing and that the site describing how one of the players had been seriously injured was just a hoax site.

The Mole incident WAS just good editing. The woman shown on the ground had just fainted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Justin S
    I hate Survivor. The Mole is so much better.
    Accept no substitutes. Survivor was the first and remains the best.

Originally posted by aspen
    actually I'm talking about next weeks survivor they showed a clip.

Actually they showed a croc in the water, a man screaming and thrashing about, and a med-evac copter. You fill in the blanks. I'm watching next week for sure.
    Oh, sorry. After watching this week's episode, I found out there were not crocs this time.