User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

from website to excel

Hello!

This is my first post here, so please bear with me.

First the introduction
    I am currently doing some freelance work, mainly creating brochure-type websites and printed stuff. Although I can manage to install scripts, I know nearly nothing about programming languages and databases (just the concept).

What I need to know is wether there is a script that allows people to subscribe to a website. They will be required to fill out a form, in which some of the info is available on the website, but all of the info stored in a database (preferably mysql). The system should allow my client to login as the admin and download the subscribers' info in a format that can be imported to filemaker or excel.

Can you recommend a sript that does this?

Thanks in advance

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually, if you are using phpMyAdmin for database administration, you are basically set. In phpMyAdmin, you have the possibility to export a database into a .csv file.
    This file can then be imported by Excel. If you are able to install scripts and operate them, then you probably have the skills needed to do this as well (it is not hard at all). I would give it a try once yourself, to see what procedure you have to follow, and then you will see it is quite easy.